Like it or not, we think the Verizon iPhone is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JohnDroid

The Verizon iPhone... Duke Nukem Forever.... both, seemingly are mythical creatures that create heated discussions about their likelihood of seeing reality or being relegated to the same category as Bigfoot. Often discussed, never seen.

However recently it appears that both may be coming out. I've got my pre-order in at Amazon.com right now for Duke Nukem Forever. We've also seen mentioned recently that Apple has instructed all employees of a blackout on vacations for a 3 week period. Now comes news that Verizon has been sending out press invites to some key figures who have nothing to do with Verizon reporting/cell phone reporting -- and more to do with Apple reporting. People like Jim Dalrymple of The Loop.

The press release is pretty basic but it invites those individuals to join Lowell McAdam the Verizon President and COO to Frederick P. Rose Hall in New York City on January 11th, 2011 at 11:00am. The rumored "release" date of the Verizon iPhone is expected to be on Thursday the 13th. It would finally seem that all the stars are aligned for Verizon and Apple to release an iPhone together.

How are your feelings on this? Personally I want every customer to have every possible choice and ultimately decide what's best for them. I'm very happy with my Android phone but I have no problem with someone deciding to use an iPhone if that's what works better for them. Let's try to keep the bashing to a minimum and respect everyone's choices. Ultimately it's about whatever works best for you!

peterjariel

Reaction score
Is this goin to. Be broadcasted live, if it is anyone knows where we can watch this?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Birds falling from the sky means the earth is coming to an end. :rolleyes:

I'll be back on the 14th. :D

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've just marked this on my calendar like every other iPhone announcement/release rumor. Guess I'll wait and see huh.

tappin and a talkin

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I've just marked this on my calendar like every other iPhone announcement/release rumor. Guess I'll wait and see huh.

tappin and a talkin

I'm curious, very curious. There are a lot of things coming together to indicate that iPhone truly could be coming. I'm not going to lie, I've got my Incredible and love it, but my wife is looking forward to upgrading to the iPhone if it drops.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

tappin and a talkin
Your calender must have hundreds if not thousands of check marks on it : )

tgs3838

Reaction score
Im
Sure its coming. And it will be huge
Im
sure. But I like my D2. Also a lot of really cool Phones coming out. I think Id take any of them over an Iphone. I already picked my
driod
over the
iphone
. It might be a hit to
andriod
phones. But i really think they have some nice stuff coming out. I
dont
see why they cant keep growing.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Birds falling from the sky means the earth is coming to an end. :rolleyes:

I'll be back on the 14th. :D

It did end for the ones that fell :D

Please Support Our Troops!! Traced from a wifi monolith.

tgs3838

Reaction score
Im
Sure its coming. And it will be huge
Im
sure. But I like my D2. Also a lot of really cool Phones coming out. I think Id take any of them over an Iphone. I already picked my
driod
over the
iphone
. It might be a hit to
andriod
phones. But i really think they have some nice stuff coming out. I
dont
see why they cant keep growing.

Opps guess I left my Spell check on lol. Idk how to edit a post

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
B[ig deal]. If you've used an iPhone and an Android phone, the decision is easy. Leave the iPhone for the teenage girls and let the adults have Android.

++Mod Edit -

Last edited by a moderator:

cjreyes666

Reaction score
Im not surprised do. down in mexico the iphone was released on a cdma network but running on hspa (thats what is called?) and the phone itself is gsm so i guess probably the iphoe is not going to be cdma but gsm running on vzw network.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Very glad to hear about this most likely definite date now. SO WE CAN ALL MOVE ON afterwards. Let the people who want to leave Android GO and then we can sort everything out.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
. If you've used an iPhone and an Android phone, the decision is easy. Leave the iPhone for the teenage girls and let the adults have Android.

By no means am I an apple fan, but I'd have to disagree with your statement. Personally I don't think I would ever switch to an iPhone, but I know several adults that it would be perfect for because of its simplicity.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I know a lot of old men that love the iPhone. And its perfect for them because anything more than it would confuse them too easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.