Life-Sized 'Andy-shaped' Andy

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;_vmLFPAh9ZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vmLFPAh9ZQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Regardless whether you were a fan of the nineties comedy cartoon "Beavis and Butthead"... you have to admit the following quote from Butthead, which he usually used when referring to self-flushing toilets, fits well in this situation, "This is the coolest thing... I have ever seen."

Two Japanese companies, RT Corporation and Brilliant Service have teamed up to create a large-sized Android that is actually controlled by an Android OS! His name is RIC Android and he weighs approximately 31 lbs (14 kg). He is just under 4 ft tall (120 cm). To access its on-board computer it opens its mouth. It is able to move its head, arms, and has 10 points of articulation in its hips and legs so it’s even able to walk uneven ground. Supposedly, this is the start of an ongoing project for them to create 'Andy' Androids for the consumer market that follow you around like sidekicks. Okay... I want one! No. I'll take two... they're small. ;)

Source: AndroidCommunity

Last edited:

carguy

Reaction score
LOL about the B&B reference, I just downloaded a B&B soundboard last weekend :lol:

neoj2

Reaction score
thats freaking awesome. id scare my gf's cat with the inception button with this thing :)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Really, looks more like an Andy bobble-head than a robot in that video

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Imagine having that follow you into work?

What is that?

My assistant.

What's he do?

Droid Does...Everything!
icon_%20banana.gif

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's pretty much the same, if not the same Droid that guy made a cooler with