Liberty Droid X wants to update

supermatt9

Reaction score
I'm on v3 of liberty and just today my phone started trying to update to the newest update from Motorola. Is there a way to block this and to stop my phone from trying to update?

Thanks!

Savagerun

Reaction score
Yep. Use titanium backup pro or another app that allows you to freeze apps. Then freeze the updater 2.3.3. Then you can boot into recovery and wipe the cache partition and you'll be safe.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

maximumpower

Reaction score
Really? It is possible to push an update over Liberty? I thought Liberty disabled that automatically?

How did you know it was trying to update?

Thanks

Last edited:

Savagerun

Reaction score
. If your on a custom rom the update would likely fail if you tried to install it or if it tried to install on it's own. You normally get a message on your screen telling you an update is available and you get about 20 seconds to press the download later button. Just to be safe freeze the updater and you won't have to worry.

MrAreCool

Reaction score
Any idea what would happen if the update was performed? I haven't tried it to see if it would actually be successful or not...

Savagerun

Reaction score
It would most likely be a big fail but why try.

Growler48

Reaction score
Yep. Use titanium backup pro or another app that allows you to freeze apps. Then freeze the updater 2.3.3. Then you can boot into recovery and wipe the cache partition and you'll be safe.

Where is the updater located?

Savagerun

Reaction score
Where is the updater located?

If you have titanium backup (PRO)
just open it up and press the backup/restore tab then scroll down till you find the updater 2.3.3. It's in alphabetical order and since it's a system app it will be in red. When you find it just press it and you'll get the option to freeze.

Growler48

Reaction score
If you have titanium backup (PRO)
just open it up and press the backup/restore tab then scroll down till you find the updater 2.3.3. It's in alphabetical order and since it's a system app it will be in red. When you find it just press it and you'll get the option to freeze.

Got it. Thanks!