LG's ThinQ Smart Speaker Will Directly Compete With The Google Home Max

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-thinq-speaker-1340x754.jpg

The Google Home Max has received overall great reviews. It works perfectly as a Google Assistant smart speaker, and is super loud with crisp sound for the size. This speaker is actually able to fill multiple rooms with sound. The main set back with this speaker is the price. Most of us won't be able to justify the $399 price tag. LG will be releasing a competitor to the market in 2018.

The cylindrical shaped ThinQ by LG will be shown off at CES next month along with LG's other speakers. LG says they have worked with Meridian Audio to bring a "premium audio" experience to the ThinQ. This speaker includes Google Assistant and is set to compete head to head with the Google Home Max. I feel like this could be a home run if LG is able to offer this at half the price of the Max. I can also foresee a future where these speakers come free with the LG G7 or LG V40. Would you snatch this up if it were more affordable than the Max?

via AndroidGuys

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I agree about the price. 399 is a bit much. Even sono is cheaper and supposed to run both google home and alexa soon. If the LG speaker is as good or even close to the sound of the gh max and has a much lower price, then it will be a hit. Too bad it does not use amazon echo too, then I might get one.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
This is where it becomes a problem. Deciding on Alexa or Google Assistant. If you already have Echos then Switching isnt really a Cost Effective Option. Personally I like the Echo Design more than the Home & Mini. I wont spend the Money on Big Speakers so I dont bother looking at these. If the Amazon Echo Dot can play Music in Multiple Rooms at once then for the Money I will just toss one in Every Room. Yeah I know the Dot is not great for Music but for the Price it does the trick me me for a little something. I do use a BT Speaker with mine when i do listen to Music so its good at that point.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
some devices are supposed to be released where you have choice of which ai you want to use. I believe sonos speakers is supposed to be one of them though google home is not on them yet.

I started out with alexa but do have a couple of gh devices for a backup. every once in a while alexa acts like a real woman and gives me the silent treatment.