LG Revolution's Official Launch; Coming May 26th for $250 On-Contract

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-lg-revolution-fpr.jpg

We've been giving you some tidbits and rumor that the LG Revolution would be coming in May, and now it was officially launched by Verizon. The device will be available for VZW on May 26th, just as we reported previously, and will debut for $249.99 with a new two-year contract.

For more discussions be sure to check out LG Revolution Forum or LG Revolution - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Here's the full press release:
Revolution™ by LG Arrives for Verizon Wireless
Dynamic Trio of 4G LTE, Entertainment and Power Combine to Make Revolution™ by LG

BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and SAN DIEGO, May 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile Phones today announced Revolution™ by LG will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless on May 26.

An entertainment powerhouse, Revolution by LG is the first Android™ smartphone preloaded with the Neflix application, allowing Netflix subscribers access to movies and television shows. Revolution customers can capture and share HD images or videos on a 4.3-inch capacitive touchscreen. Built-in HDMI output and SmartShare capability allow customers to share multimedia content with HDMI capable displays, creating an exceptional entertainment experience.

Key features:

4G LTE – customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage areas
1 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon® processor
Android™ 2.2 platform
Access to more than 200,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
Bing® Search and Maps
Adobe® Flash® Player
Rear-facing 5.0-megapixel camera with autofocus and LED flash
1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video chat
720p HD video recording and playback
Wi-Fi connectivity 802.11 b/g/n
Mobile Hotspot capability allows customers to share 4G LTE with up to 8 Wi-Fi-enabled devices or a 3G connection with up to 5 devices
Bluetooth® Version 3.0 Support Profiles: headset, hands-free, object push, advanced audio distribution (stereo), audio/video remote control, file transfer, phone book access

Additional features:

V CAST Apps
Virtual QWERTY keyboard with SWYPE technology
Equipped with Dolby® Mobile for a rich listening experience
Extensive image editor includes: crop, rotate, resize, apply filters, image adjustments, draw, write, erase and add stamps
16 GB preinstalled microSD card™

Pricing and availability:

Revolution by LG will be available in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores and online at Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless for $249.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
Revolution customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a data package. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 for monthly access. An unlimited data package is available for $29.99 for monthly access. The Mobile Hotspot feature will be included for a limited time at no additional charge.

The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network, launched in December 2010, is the fastest, most advanced 4G network in the United States, providing speeds up to 10 times faster than Verizon Wireless’ 3G network. Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network currently reaches one-third of all Americans, with plans to expand the network to the company’s entire 3G coverage area over the next three years.

For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless.
Has anyone else noticed that it seems like Verizon is slowly "creeping" up the prices on their phones? First the Droid Charge comes in high, and now this one... What do you guys think?

Source: Verizon Wireless Full Press Release for LG Revolution

loki993

Reaction score
verizon-lg-revolution-fpr.jpg

We've been giving you some tidbits and rumor that the LG Revolution would be coming in May, and now it was officially launched by Verizon. The device will be available for VZW on May 26th, just as we reported previously, and will debut for $249.99 with a new two-year contract. Here's the full press release:
Revolution™ by LG Arrives for Verizon Wireless
Dynamic Trio of 4G LTE, Entertainment and Power Combine to Make Revolution™ by LG

BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and SAN DIEGO, May 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile Phones today announced Revolution™ by LG will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless on May 26.

An entertainment powerhouse, Revolution by LG is the first Android™ smartphone preloaded with the Neflix application, allowing Netflix subscribers access to movies and television shows. Revolution customers can capture and share HD images or videos on a 4.3-inch capacitive touchscreen. Built-in HDMI output and SmartShare capability allow customers to share multimedia content with HDMI capable displays, creating an exceptional entertainment experience.

Key features:

4G LTE – customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage areas
1 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon® processor
Android™ 2.2 platform
Access to more than 200,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
Bing® Search and Maps
Adobe® Flash® Player
Rear-facing 5.0-megapixel camera with autofocus and LED flash
1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video chat
720p HD video recording and playback
Wi-Fi connectivity 802.11 b/g/n
Mobile Hotspot capability allows customers to share 4G LTE with up to 8 Wi-Fi-enabled devices or a 3G connection with up to 5 devices
Bluetooth® Version 3.0 Support Profiles: headset, hands-free, object push, advanced audio distribution (stereo), audio/video remote control, file transfer, phone book access

Additional features:

V CAST Apps
Virtual QWERTY keyboard with SWYPE technology
Equipped with Dolby® Mobile for a rich listening experience
Extensive image editor includes: crop, rotate, resize, apply filters, image adjustments, draw, write, erase and add stamps
16 GB preinstalled microSD card™

Pricing and availability:

Revolution by LG will be available in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores and online at Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless for $249.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
Revolution customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a data package. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 for monthly access. An unlimited data package is available for $29.99 for monthly access. The Mobile Hotspot feature will be included for a limited time at no additional charge.

The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network, launched in December 2010, is the fastest, most advanced 4G network in the United States, providing speeds up to 10 times faster than Verizon Wireless’ 3G network. Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network currently reaches one-third of all Americans, with plans to expand the network to the company’s entire 3G coverage area over the next three years.

For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless.
Has anyone else noticed that it seems like Verizon is slowly "creeping" up the prices on their phones? First the Droid Charge comes in high, and now this one... What do you guys think?

Source: Verizon Wireless Full Press Release for LG Revolution

Yeah, well the specs area nearly identical to the Tbotl right? And that came in at 250 as well, so not that out of whack really. The Charge however is.

Makes the $149 rumors about the Bionic very hard to believe. I almost shudder to think about how much they will try to charge for the first few dual-core LTE phones.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
All I can think of is Bing® Search and Maps... :dry:

You can still load google maps from the marketplace, and i don't think i ever use the search feature, i always end up on my browser where google is the main screen.

champaned_out

Reaction score
it does look nice and sleak compared to the tbolt which is slightly more bulkier... which can be good depending on the person

but the 5mp camera, 16gb mem card vs the tbolts 32 and no kickstand makes me wonder if it would be worth it over the tbolt... besides the form factor i dont see anything on this phone that makes it compete with the tbolt... everything this phone has the tbolt has plus more

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Why is this not rolling out with 2.3 on it? I'm still a little confused as to why all these new phones are still coming out with froyo on them. The kickstand isn't a deal breaker, if I'm going to watch movies, it's either on my tv or laptop. Confused as to why it's coming with Bing Search and Bing Maps. <--Just odd. Mobile hotspot for 4G, wondering how much extra that will cost? Maybe when this comes out, the 4G bugs are fixed? Hmmmm, I don't know, might look into this with my upgrade.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd rather have someone crap in a box and put a 4g sticker on it before I bought this phone. It is NOT basically the same as TB. This phone has less Ram, I believe at 512mbs and has Bing. I know the evils of Bing first hand, I have a fascinate.

jseah

Reaction score
Why is this not rolling out with 2.3 on it? I'm still a little confused as to why all these new phones are still coming out with froyo on them. The kickstand isn't a deal breaker, if I'm going to watch movies, it's either on my tv or laptop. Confused as to why it's coming with Bing Search and Bing Maps. <--Just odd. Mobile hotspot for 4G, wondering how much extra that will cost? Maybe when this comes out, the 4G bugs are fixed? Hmmmm, I don't know, might look into this with my upgrade.

According to the Verizon site, the Sony Xperia Play will come with 2.3.

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
i might pic this up instead of the tbolt i like the slim factor like my fascinate but i want to see if it will have as many devs as the tbolt because we can pretty much all agree it has the most devs for verizon at the moment

jbdavies

Reaction score
I was at a Verizon store today (Got the TBolt!!) and they had a Revolution there that they were going to put out on display tomorrow... it's actually quite a bit thicker than the TBolt. But still looked nice, seemed to be fairly quick and responsive too.

adamboettiger

Reaction score
All I can think of is Bing® Search and Maps... :dry:

You can still load google maps from the marketplace, and i don't think i ever use the search feature, i always end up on my browser where google is the main screen.

Yeah but the fact that they are forcing Bing on us, for me at least, instantly makes the search button unusable. Can the search area/button (yeah I know it doesn't have buttons, don't know what else to call it) be re-assigned to just launch the browser and have browser Home default to Google?

If not, for me I'm afraid Bing is the deal-breaker... Sounds petty I know, but I prefer to buy hardware with a search engine that has earned their way into that spot and not just bought it.