LG G4 Not Selling as Well as Hoped; LG Quarterly Earnings Downgraded

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-g4-leather-3.jpg

Despite the fact that the LG G4 is easily one of LG's best smartphones ever created, it looks like the phone isn't selling as well as the company hoped (at least according to a couple of financial analysts' predictions). LG's projected quarterly earnings forecast has been downgraded by Daishin Securities firm and Korea Investment & Securities. The former downgraded their LG operating profit forecast from $50.7 million from $92.3 million, and the latter lowered their forecast from $104 million to $61 million.

The reason for the precipitous drop in financial predictions is because shipments for the G4 handsets have only totaled 2.5 million so far this year. This is considerably less than the forecasted 8-12 Million. Of course, there is still 6 months left in the year for LG to hit those numbers, but that's a big jump to go from 2.5 Million to 8 Million or more, and that's ignoring the fact that other noteworthy devices will be released later this year.

Even with a top-of-the-line device, LG is having trouble making headway in the mobile market. It's certainly a tough business to be in...

Source: BusinessKorea

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Uh... I love how quick they ALWAYS ALWAYS proclaim failure lately.
It hasn't even BEEN OUT A MONTH!

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the aesthetics are turning people away. We've become used to the outside of a phone not looking like that, unless we customize it ourselves (Moto 360).

Caesars

Reaction score
My g4 is hands down my favorite phone, hopefully it gets more playtime.