LG G3 Officially Unveiled; Full Specs, Features & More Confirmed Here

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Early reviews are great in hand feel... Back buttons are a plus IMO with a larger phone.. I'm just keeping an eye on reports about any lag.. Not worried on battery really.. If anything we have removable now which is big for me..

Knock knock G2

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
I have a G2 on Verizon and it's always had good reception for phone, data, and bluetooth. A lot of us did have a weak GPS lock early on but that seems to be fixed now after the upgrades, at least on this unit. I read that the G3 is using the same camera as the G2, if this is true I'll be interested to see if they have it working right from the git go. The G2's camera started out poor for indoor shots for a lot of us, but after the upgrades it too seems to be fixed. I have some concerns about the G3 being just too big physically for me to use easily, but I have no qualms about the device since they've already shown that they are willing to work on any bugs and get them fixed.
That's good to hear. It's a good sign if they quickly put out updates in response to issues, and if the updates actually fix the problem without creating others :)

Early reviews are great in hand feel... Back buttons are a plus IMO with a larger phone.. I'm just keeping an eye on reports about any lag.. Not worried on battery really.. If anything we have removable now which is big for me..

Knock knock G2
Removable/replaceable battery is a biggie for me as well. I've never had a phone with a non-replaceable battery, and I hope I never have to.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the Devs give this phone some love, because the LG G2 is absolute crap when it comes to ROMs. Not a single one is as stable as stock, none of them are 100% operational, they all still have issues. The G2 is a great phone, but the ROM support for it is the worst of any Android phone I have had since the original Droid X. It's worse than the HTC Thunderbolt in this regard...

bills742

Reaction score
Hopefully the Devs give this phone some love, because the LG G2 is absolute crap when it comes to ROMs. Not a single one is as stable as stock, none of them are 100% operational, they all still have issues. The G2 is a great phone, but the ROM support for it is the worst of any Android phone I have had since the original Droid X. It's worse than the HTC Thunderbolt in this regard...

You should try Mahdi if you haven't already. Almost completely problem free.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Removable/replaceable battery is a biggie for me as well. I've never had a phone with a non-replaceable battery, and I hope I never have to.

G2 currently.. Only one I've ever owned without.. Truth be told it last a day and some.. Lol

I'm completely stock now for my second week.. Do miss some Crack flashing.. Lol

Knock knock G2

acousticshade

Reaction score
If the battery is up there with the Note 3 or even close to it. I'm sold. Using my Droid Maxx which I love. Anyone have a g2? How's the call clarity and reception on the g2?

Calls are great and the radios are 10% to 15% stronger than the ones in the N3. Not a big deal if you are in the city, but could be an issue in rural areas. I was set to get the N3 but couldn't take the chance because my sister had huge reception issues with her s3. Got the g2, love it and never looked back.