Lets unlock this boot loader!!!

Thomas23Male

Reaction score
Lets get this boot loader unlocked so we can get some custom roms!!!!!!

http://www.change.org/petitions/lg-...the-boot-loader-of-the-lg-spectrum-2-vs930-4g

I have started a petition with intentions for LG to give us the source code and or update to out phones that will make it possible to unlock this boot loader. Please sign the petition so we can finally get all of the benefits of having an unlocked boot loader.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I spent months working on this device. The issue is not with LG they are all about unlocking it for you guys the issue is VZW will not allow LG to release an unlock tool for it. The way to get it done is get a bounty going with some funds and get a dev who knows the LG bootloader a spec 2 and let them take a stab at it. I know a few guys who were working on it and did nothing but brick 3 devices beyond the point of bringing back.

Pigeoned from Beer Tent Capital of the World

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
You need to make it worth someone's time to mess with it. One of the guys who is good with them. I'm sure cash and a device will talk. If you can get 100 ppl to ea. donate $5 and someone donate or loan a device to one of the guys I'm sure one of them will mess with it. The problem is the phone never had a big enough following for anyone to really take a crack at it. They cracked the other LG's so I'm sure they can get this one. I'm just not good enough with code to go anywhere with the bootloader.

Pigeoned from Beer Tent Capital of the World

micrors4

Reaction score
I have pretty much lost any hope of actually getting a custom ROM on this phone, but I would be willing to donate if we can get a dev.

tbkhanh

Reaction score
If you can unlock bootloader of vs930 i sure you will have many good custom rom from anothor version of vs930 in korean ( F160 ) :)

micrors4

Reaction score
The ROMs from the korean variant of our phone work however they permanently mess up the touch screen, and there are a bunch of problems with them like data and the keyboard, but they do boot on our phone. It seems that any slightly modified version of the stock firmware breaks the data and keyboard for some odd reason and Miller was never able to find a fix, but you can flash ROMs, they just don't work really.