LED Notification Color

mguindon

Reaction score
I want to change my notification led color from the stock green to blue. I don't want to use an application like missed call or handcent. I found http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/24695-led-indicator.html which gives a location. I looked into it and all three brightness files have values of zero. Shouldn't the green one have some other value since green is the default color? If this is what I need to edit does anyone know what I should change it to?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never used LED indicator but after following the link you included my sense is you need to increase from zero.

Mike

OP
M

mguindon

Reaction score
Right I figured the same thing...but if that is indeed the only thing that controls the color of the notification led then shouldn't those three files somehow be telling it to make the led green? Why would they all be zero?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have no idea. However, since this is a system file I can only believe that to OS or VZW folks are reserving these particular indicators for future development

Mike

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Have no idea. However, since this is a system file I can only believe that to OS or VZW folks are reserving these particular indicators for future development

Mike

i'll upload a modified app now..
its the messaging app and you'll need to install using adb shell or terminal emulator on your :motdroidvert:

give me a second..
i'll post the modifications too..

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
ok heres the DL link..

*********** - online file sharing and storage - download Mms.zip

app is inside zip file..

heres what it includes:
stock Messaging app with extended preferences
more notification settings
led on/off
- choice of 7 colors for blinking light
vibrate on/off
- new vibrate patterns
-normal
-medium vibrate
-long vibrate
-multiple short vibrate
-multiple long vibrate

also can have messaging background the stock white color OR black
can change font size
hide names from messages, [names dont appear only message]
alternate message [changes position of conversation according to sender/recipent]

will have to use adb/terminal emulator to install..

terminal commands as follows..
place Mms.apk onto the root of your sdcard
open terminla emulator
Code:
$su
#mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
#cp /sdcard/Mms.apk /system/app
#

and your all done.. you don't type the # and $ symbols, there already in terminla i just put them so people would understand.. :)

OP
M

mguindon

Reaction score
sounds awesome...should I just overwrite the stock mms.apk in the system/app directory?

diverbelow

Reaction score
I want to change my notification led color from the stock green to blue. I don't want to use an application like missed call or handcent. I found http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/24695-led-indicator.html which gives a location. I looked into it and all three brightness files have values of zero. Shouldn't the green one have some other value since green is the default color? If this is what I need to edit does anyone know what I should change it to?

Someone on this forum said they download google notifier from the market and they where able to change the gmail LED from green to another color.

I have not tried it myself. I wish the developers of BerryBuzz (came from BB) would make that app for android.

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
sounds awesome...should I just overwrite the stock mms.apk in the system/app directory?

it will automatically, its exactly the same as stock, it just adds some extra settings.. icon and everything is the same..

screenshots.. :)

Attachments

• CAP2010032614571.jpg
    CAP2010032614571.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 198
  • CAP201003261457.jpg
    CAP201003261457.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 219
  • CAP201003261458.jpg
    CAP201003261458.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 177

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nice, like that. See I am using Handcent right now and love how customizable it is. Would like if I didn't have to have 2 MMS programs on here. I like the black themed apps... however if you cant change the font colors and such I don't think I'm in...

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Where did ya get it from Woody?

OP
M

mguindon

Reaction score
That really is awesome...don't know where you found that or who made it but thanks. Those are some great improvements to the stock mms.apk.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
*Goes to look at his messaging app*

It looks like its from Cyanogenmod.