LED Notification Color App

terpsnation

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So I've had my X for a few weeks now, and for the most part its been great.

I've wanted to see if there was a way to change the colors of the LED notifications for a while now. I know there are apps out there that do it (Missed Call, Blink) but none of them seem to function correctly.

Are these apps supposed to work on the X? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a different app that lets me set different colors for email/SMS/Missed Calls that is confirmed to work on the X?

Thanks,

Terps

scarmack

Reaction score
this wont help. but will for sms. if you use handcent. ther is a led color changer option in there. but wont solve email and phone calls.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Ive tried a couple, but even with Handcent, the color of the light changes, but not how often it flashes. So it still only blinks about once every 4-5 seconds, so you need to watch your phone for at least that long to verify that you have no messages waiting.

If anybody has found an app like this that actually works on the DX please let us know.

Thanks

OP
T

terpsnation

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I downloaded handcent and have started using it. I like the feel of it and the customization that I can do, so I guess I'll just use this until an app is released that customizes the LED colors for the DX.

I'm not really sure why this isn't an option given in the generic droid settings. Seems like a commonplace idea that you'd want the LED color to be different for different notifications.

As for the frequency of the flashing, I agree that the flashing in "fast" mode is a little slow, and the custom mode doesn't seem to do anything (I tried 1000ms on, 100 ms off and it went at the same rate of "fast" mode with about 3-4 seconds between pings). However, when I have it set to default, the light stays on constantly, so thats what I have it set to right now.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Blink, Missed Call and Missed Reminder...I was thinking one of these allows you to set the speed of the LED blinking but I cannot recall right off the top...

OP
T

terpsnation

Reaction score
Blink, Missed Call and Missed Reminder...I was thinking one of these allows you to set the speed of the LED blinking but I cannot recall right off the top...
I know that Blink and Missed Call do not change the LED Notification colors on my DX as of yesterday. I can't imagine that it'd be able to change the speed of the blinking if you're using Handcent bc you have to deactivate handcent notifications when you use Missed Call (and I'm assuming Blink as well) which will mean that the LED color won't be what you want it to be.

Missed reminder successfully blinks the LED color once in the test mode (but then does not continuously blink the color.) And even then, when I call my phone from another line and miss the call, the LED blinks default Green, not the color Missed Reminder is supposed to blink :p

qman66

Reaction score
im not sure if this app is new but i just found it. its called light flow works great. has notification lights for missed call text mms gmail email battery low charging charged facebook and a whole lot more.

SGT DX

Reaction score
Tried light flow. Wasn't impressed. Aside from the accessability it needed (copying texts?), the actual led colors were mildly disappointing. I understand there are only so many color combos you can do, but still, it was lacking. Imho, it was great initiative, poor execution.

*edit* it does work tho...
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Try LED Me Know. I don't think it worked for me when I tried it, but it was a while back.

qman66

Reaction score
Tried light flow. Wasn't impressed. Aside from the accessability it needed (copying texts?), the actual led colors were mildly disappointing. I understand there are only so many color combos you can do, but still, it was lacking. Imho, it was great initiative, poor execution.

*edit* it does work tho...
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Thats weird. Maybe it just works different on every dx. Its worked amazingly on mine. Led me know and blink don't work on evey app. This one does

maurilax

Reaction score
This has been a pet peeve of mine since leaving my BBstorm with Berrybuzz which was the best app i ever used.

blink, missed call. gmail notifcations. you can get a pretty decent combination using all of these.

Light flow came out within the last month and defiantly has the most promise of all these apps. I have emailed the developer and his plans for the future seem to be in line with how berry buzz works for blackberry.

It is true that the Droid X does not have the most colors available now but at least with light flow I am able to differentiate between sms, email gmail and skype reliably which is better than i can say for the other apps.

the permissions this apps uses are kind of annoying although the developer does give an explanation. honestly im not that worried about him stealing my super important text messages.

I do think there might be something going on with light flow draining my battery more than normal but im still testing around that.

lterry913

Reaction score
Maybe the LED changing apps don't play well with my other apps...only some of the colors work and with light flow the colors were slightly different and when the phone notified me it went absolutely crazy...beeping blinking and buzzing way more than I had programmed it to...had to uninstall.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I bought light flow, and it works great. I'm going to play with more stuff to see how it works.