LED Flashlight potential

Royal2000H

Reaction score
Hey did you guys notice that MotoTorch and DroidLight aren't nearly as bright as holding down the camera button half-way?

You only get about 1 second (maybe a little more) with holding down the camera button half way (focus) but it seems almost twice as bright as the flashlight apps.

vinnard

Reaction score
Maybe that super bright mode drains the battery too fast?

LordKastle

Reaction score
ask anybody on the other side of the LED flashlights on the market how bright it is...basically blinding.

synctek

Reaction score
There are a couple other threads on this - one of the flashlight developers mentioned that the core programming would not allow him access to the ultra-bright capabilities of the LED. Now that the Droid can rooted, maybe someone will figure out a way. I would really like to see an app that takes full advantage of the dual-LED's.

Stigy

Reaction score
The LED Flashlight app allows you to use the super bright camera flash mode, but highly recommends against using it often.

synctek

Reaction score
I have that app and don't see the option........any suggestions?

Stigy

Reaction score
I think its under Menu > Bright Pulse or something similar.

I had my phone wiped last night and its dead right now so I'd have to re-download it.

synctek

Reaction score
Found the option - its a pulse that uses the ultra bright, but it won't stay on. Not sure what I would use that for.

synctek

Reaction score
The phone makes a noise similar to the lens focusing - like the app has to engage the lens in order to use the bright flash. Looks like the camera and the ultra-bright will not run separate.
Interesting and a bummer :mad:

Stigy

Reaction score
Yes its a bright pulse.

That was the option, but at least its in there.

Prerunnerseth

Reaction score
I'm an apps engineer for a company that makes LED driver chips. Most likely the reason for the pulse is that the LED will most likely overheat and damage itself and or the phone if it were run at that brightness at %100 duty cycle. LEDs can handle more than their rated current in short bursts but not continuously.