LauncherPro Settings in BB v0.4

s3t0

Reaction score
as i said this my ADW went to hell last night and i downloaded launcher pro
it works fine, and almost never redraws

ADW would literally freeze up and FC

PearlMikeJam

Reaction score
I had almost no redraw issues until the last update. I love to see the unread count of Gmail in the dock, but that update caused my redraw issues. I have not played with the other settings to keep in memory or anything like that, but may have to try some of the suggestions.

I moved from ADW a couple weeks ago and LauncherPro had come a long ways in terms of performance. This last update took a step back, but I suspect it will improve.

jhhoffma

Reaction score
I had almost no redraw issues until the last update. I love to see the unread count of Gmail in the dock, but that update caused my redraw issues. I have not played with the other settings to keep in memory or anything like that, but may have to try some of the suggestions.

I moved from ADW a couple weeks ago and LauncherPro had come a long ways in terms of performance. This last update took a step back, but I suspect it will improve.
I completely forgot about that option. I just disabled it and from what I can tell all my redraw issues are gone!dancedroiddancedroid

Weird.

EDIT: Nevermind, while that options helps, there still seems to be some delay in redrawing. Though it is the worst when switching orientations and resuming from "sleep".

Last edited:

Appleanche

Reaction score
I switched back to launcher pro.. for reasons I don't even remember over ADW.

I only need 3 home screens, I use Powerstrip for the useful widgets and the rest are just kind of "Well i'd just rather open the app". I have 3 widgets (flip clock, news and weather, and Gmail notifier) and I put on very low memory usage and redraws are less then ADW. Without home screen cache the switching isn't as smooth feeling but it's not choppy by any means.

OP
kenbarnum

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Just as an update...I was using ADW for the last few days and it was just fine. Less redraws and a couple cool different features...But I still love LauncherPro the way it worked on BBv1.1.

I checked Launcherpro.com and there is a new version claiming to have fixed a lot of redraw issues on FROYO. It also has Dock Customization.

I checked it out and have been using since last night. Definitely better than it used to be on froyo (bb v.04). Far less redraws than before.
Its version 0.6.7.2 and I think I love it again!

Keep in memory - on
Enable scrollable widgets - on
Moto Droid Hack - on
Memory usage - Moderate
Running 9 widgets on 5 screens

I have BB v0.4 with Chevy's 1.1 kernal.

It is smoother than ADW for me..but what might really blow me away is the custom dock!
This is a fantastic feature.
I went to LauncherPro's forum and downloaded several custom docks to try and they are really nice looking...you can browse them here:
LauncherPro Forum • View topic - Share your custom dock backgrounds!

PearlMikeJam

Reaction score
Just as an update...I was using ADW for the last few days and it was just fine. Less redraws and a couple cool different features...But I still love LauncherPro the way it worked on BBv1.1.

I checked Launcherpro.com and there is a new version claiming to have fixed a lot of redraw issues on FROYO. It also has Dock Customization.

I checked it out and have been using since last night. Definitely better than it used to be on froyo (bb v.04). Far less redraws than before.
Its version 0.6.7.2 and I think I love it again!

Keep in memory - on
Enable scrollable widgets - on
Moto Droid Hack - on
Memory usage - Moderate
Running 9 widgets on 5 screens

I have BB v0.4 with Chevy's 1.1 kernal.

It is smoother than ADW for me..but what might really blow me away is the custom dock!
This is a fantastic feature.
I went to LauncherPro's forum and downloaded several custom docks to try and they are really nice looking...you can browse them here:
LauncherPro Forum • View topic - Share your custom dock backgrounds!

I am surprised 6.7.2 fixed your issues because that is what started causing my lag/redraw issues. I will try your settings. Thanks for posting.

OP
kenbarnum

kenbarnum

Reaction score
I am surprised 6.7.2 fixed your issues because that is what started causing my lag/redraw issues. I will try your settings. Thanks for posting.

Ummmm...Lets not say "fixed" just yet...Still testing but I am liking!

As a side note...do you have 6.7 or 6.7.2?

Fede posted 6.7.2 to fix a bug on the droid that he says didn't happen on his milestone...

PearlMikeJam

Reaction score
Ummmm...Lets not say "fixed" just yet...Still testing but I am liking!

As a side note...do you have 6.7 or 6.7.2?

Fede posted 6.7.2 to fix a bug on the droid that he says didn't happen on his milestone...

I do have 6.7.2. I got my Market update after .2 came out. I never even saw 6.7, but after his comments that his phone had no issues with it, and the fact that he used the Froyo SDK to compile it, I wish I had access to 6.7.0, just to try.

OP
kenbarnum

kenbarnum

Reaction score
PearlMikeJam,
I went to Launcherpro.com to see if there was a download (usually there is). But 6.7 has nothing...
I then copied the link shortcut for 6.7.2 and took off the .2 and downloaded...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7812562/LauncherPro-0.6.7.apk

I did this to my pc, changed to a zip, opened it and it looks right...Obviously it is not guaranteed to be the correct file!

I have not and will not be trying because i like 6.7.2...let me know if this works.

Kind of a weird way to get it though!

Phatdaddyz01

Reaction score