launcher pro & blur widgets

ecnahc

Reaction score
does anyone have any issues with resizing a blur widget when using launcher pro? for some reason, it works fine right after resizing a widget, but later in the day the rending of the widget gets fudged.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I also had that same issue. I would be curious as to whether anyone else has a solution for that. As soon as I noticed that I deleted LauncherPro and went back to stock.

It sorta irritated me after going through the effort of setting everything up the way I wanted it and then the widget pics got all fudged like the original post said.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I've been using LP for the past week or 2, I resize the news and weather widgets, no problems.
The exception is if I kill the weather app, then the weather widget doesn't respond.

MrKleen

Reaction score
My issue was using Blur contact widgets. Out of nowhere the persons picture would blow up out of whack.

flighinhigh

Reaction score
I installed launcherPro free and widgets re-sized ok. Upgraded to Plus on 10-15-10 still ok. Today after some upgrades, the Plus was not working, desired key. Reinstalled key and now everything was wiped out. Now widgets will not re-size.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been using LP for the past week or 2, I resize the news and weather widgets, no problems.
The exception is if I kill the weather app, then the weather widget doesn't respond.

Shark I had the same problem even if I didn't kill it. It seemed to poop out after about a day and then i'd have to get rid of it and replace it. The same thing happened with a different widget so I ended up buying weather and toggle widget from the marketplace and it works fine. Go figure.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
ive had launcherpro since late july, on my droid x, which i returned because it was faulty, so i got a droid 2 on september 3rd and i also installed it on that.

on both phones, this issue occured, where my widgets would get all messed up, ESPECIALLY the contact widgets.

my calendar widget doesn't show up on start up unless i resize it to a larger size, then put it back to its original size. for my contact widgets, the picture will randomly blow up to consume the whole widget, and the only way to fix it is to resize it to a bigger size then make it smaller again.

not to mention, the widgets don't even show the correct pictures often. Im pretty sure its an issue with LauncherPro, since it does not occur with motoblur.

Fede is doing a complete rewrite of the launcherpro code though so when it comes out (hopefully he won't take too long), it most likely won't be an issue. I hope the new LauncherPro has super smooth resizable widgets like motoblur does. The current implementation of resizable widgets in LauncherPro sucks, and looks as if he just threw the code in there, because you can only resize from the bottom right corner, and most of the time that bottom right corner doesn't even register when you press down on it.

MrKleen

Reaction score
ive had launcherpro since late july, on my droid x, which i returned because it was faulty, so i got a droid 2 on september 3rd and i also installed it on that.

on both phones, this issue occured, where my widgets would get all messed up, ESPECIALLY the contact widgets.

my calendar widget doesn't show up on start up unless i resize it to a larger size, then put it back to its original size. for my contact widgets, the picture will randomly blow up to consume the whole widget, and the only way to fix it is to resize it to a bigger size then make it smaller again.

not to mention, the widgets don't even show the correct pictures often. Im pretty sure its an issue with LauncherPro, since it does not occur with motoblur.

Fede is doing a complete rewrite of the launcherpro code though so when it comes out (hopefully he won't take too long), it most likely won't be an issue. I hope the new LauncherPro has super smooth resizable widgets like motoblur does. The current implementation of resizable widgets in LauncherPro sucks, and looks as if he just threw the code in there, because you can only resize from the bottom right corner, and most of the time that bottom right corner doesn't even register when you press down on it.

This is 100% correct. I use the contact widgets and every time I reboot I have to fix all my widgets. I really hope this gets fixed. It's an issue that always keeps me thinking of uninstalling.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Must be hit or miss. I have a widget on every screen and the only one that ever had issues was weather. Did you guys remove widgets from the stock launcher?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You might want to remove that and see if it helps.

MrKleen

Reaction score

That's not the issue, as I have deleted everything from my stock launcher.

LauncherPro in this form simply has issues with contact widgets working with the D2. It worked fine with my D1, so it must be an issue working with Blur contact widgets.

I put up with it, but have to resize all my contact widgets every time I reboot my phone....

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

LauncherPro in this form simply has issues with contact widgets working with the D2. It worked fine with my D1, so it must be an issue working with Blur contact widgets.

I put up with it, but have to resize all my contact widgets every time I reboot my phone....

There has to be something causing it. I have d2 and use the lp contacts widget on my far right screen and haven't had to touch it once.

MrKleen

Reaction score

There has to be something causing it. I have d2 and use the lp contacts widget on my far right screen and haven't had to touch it once.

You've got to be kidding me ... :) Does it have a picture along with call or text options? Every time I reboot my phone the picture is blown all up. I am surprised to hear there is someone not affected by this.