Latitude inaccurate

nitsuj

Reaction score
Has anyone else had a problem with Latitude being completely inaccurate? When I pull it up, it always says I'm about 10 miles from my house. And it says my brother is about 10 miles from his. Goofy part is, it always puts us both in the same small town about 10 miles away. It almost looks like it gets the relationship between out homes correct. IE, he lives about 3 miles north of me, and when Latitude puts us both in the small town 10 miles away, it puts him 3 miles north of me there too. Sort of like it has our locations right, but the map isn't lined up with where we actually are. If it just put us both in a random location everytime, I'd chalk it up to a bad program. But it's consistently close, just 10 miles west of being correct. Does that make sense?

Reaction score
10 miles seems to a little odd, but keep in mind it's not showing his GPS location. It's showing his cell site location. In other words, where the cell phone tower closest to him is.

OP
nitsuj

nitsuj

Reaction score
It's showing the location of the nearest cell tower? That isn't helpful information at all then.

iPirate

Reaction score
10 miles seems to a little odd, but keep in mind it's not showing his GPS location. It's showing his cell site location. In other words, where the cell phone tower closest to him is.
This isn't an iPhone man, the Droid GPS actually works.

It's showing the location of the nearest cell tower? That isn't helpful information at all then.

Go outside and load up google map, let the GPS connect and see if you are where it thinks you are.