Laggy

creativedesignz

Reaction score
Is anyones Eris somewhat laggy switching between screens and whatnot, specifically when you are text messaging? I feel like this phone was awesome when i first got it and the more i mess around with it, the more problems this thing gets. Im coming from an Iphone, went to ATT and switched back to verizon after 7 months, im contemplating bringing this back for a storm 2. Anyone have any suggestions? The only 3rd party apps i have is handcent, hi aim, and pandora

scajjr

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any lag when texting. Screen response seems normal to me.

Sam

OP
C

creativedesignz

Reaction score
from what i have gathered using my phone the past couple of days, is that it really does not run very smooth at all. The iphone was much "slicker" if you will in regards to switching applications and more importantly in regards to typing. Maybe i type too fast for the phone? By the time im done with the second word, its just finishing typing the first one. not only that but it seems as if the auto correction messed up too. Sometimes i will put a space between specific words, and it will take the space away and make it all one word. Gahhh!!!!!

mhotovec

Reaction score
from what i have gathered using my phone the past couple of days, is that it really does not run very smooth at all. The iphone was much "slicker" if you will in regards to switching applications and more importantly in regards to typing. Maybe i type too fast for the phone? By the time im done with the second word, its just finishing typing the first one. not only that but it seems as if the auto correction messed up too. Sometimes i will put a space between specific words, and it will take the space away and make it all one word. Gahhh!!!!!

I had the same problem. I turned off the predictive text (or whatever it's called) and the problem went away. It seemed like the phone was spending too much time trying to predict what I was typing, that it wasn't paying any attention to what I was typing. :)

enthused91

Reaction score
I'm going to try turning off predictive type as well, because my phone is experiencing lag as well (although sometimes I type so fast and non-sensically, that without predictive text I don't think anyone would have any clue what I was saying!)

Does anyone know if there is a way to edit the list of words that are saved through predictive texting? I made a mistake of oking a word that I don't ever want it to allow me to type without correcting, and I'm not sure how to get to that list... any help?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Instead of switching to a Storm 2 or an iPhone again, give the Moto Droid a try. The hardware of the two phones just don't compare.