Lagging..will froyo help?

Fizban22

Reaction score
i noticed on my DX that sometimes when im scrolling across homescreens that it will lag here and there. it doesnt do it all the time, but everyone once in awhile itll be noticable (the worst one took a whole 3 or 4 seconds to switch screens after i swiped).

are the transitions between homescreens gonna get smoothed out in the new foryo update coming out?

n0t4g4iN

Reaction score
The issue is the launcher motorola made, if you install Launcher Pro it is a lot smoother in every way.

omnicious

Reaction score
Well technically speaking it should. Are you using LauncherPro, ADW Launcher, or stock? I use LauncherPro and I still get that occasionally but only occasionally.

OP
F

Fizban22

Reaction score
call me old fashioned but i like stock...

i got all my widgets and stuff resized so i think the look of the stock interface looks good now.

i was just wondering about this sometimes-lag...
i hope its all fixed with froyo!

what are some of the other features included with the update?

Jjaeger240

Reaction score
I actually think my phone operated more smoothly with the stock UI. I downloaded LauncherPro tonight and it worked great when there were only three icons on one of the three homepages. Now that I filled three of the five homepages, and since upgrading it to the Plus version it has become extremely lagging and has 3-4 second freezes or unresponsiveness. Hopefully it's just from my phone being on all day and then unloading it with all these changes tonight.

Everyone says great things about LauncherPro but I seem to be having the opposite effect. Think my phone may just need a rest for the night?

n0t4g4iN

Reaction score
I don't use advance task killer cause I have a feeling its not that great fro the droid x and 512 ram I am not really worried about background apps. I think that may be a reason why my phone is smoother with Launcher Pro.

chanatown

Reaction score
I actually think my phone operated more smoothly with the stock UI. I downloaded LauncherPro tonight and it worked great when there were only three icons on one of the three homepages. Now that I filled three of the five homepages, and since upgrading it to the Plus version it has become extremely lagging and has 3-4 second freezes or unresponsiveness. Hopefully it's just from my phone being on all day and then unloading it with all these changes tonight.

Everyone says great things about LauncherPro but I seem to be having the opposite effect. Think my phone may just need a rest for the night?

I liked both Launcher Pro and ADW Launcher. However, after a few hours, I experienced a lag when pressing the home button. Thus, I'm back to the stock UI, which I agree is not half bad and does not have the home button lag. I am looking forward to a healthy serving of Froyo. Bring it!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
call me old fashioned but i like stock...

i got all my widgets and stuff resized so i think the look of the stock interface looks good now.

i was just wondering about this sometimes-lag...
i hope its all fixed with froyo!

what are some of the other features included with the update?

No matter what you have in your Droid you will see lag from time to time. Froyo is going to speed up your Droid, but it may start lagging if you don't do some things occasionally and if you have certain apps installed.

Task Killers can cause your phone to lag, as well as virus protection. If you have those installed get rid of it.

Clean the cache on your applications. There is a stock cache cleaner in the market but unfortunately it will only clean your apps one at a time. Still this should be done.

Reboot your phone every couple of days.

And if all else fails, then do a factory data reset. That will freshen up the phone like new. It will cause you to lose data, you'll have to log back into services and retrieve your applications in the Market. Paid applications will be in the download area, the rest may be there too. If not you will have to download them individually.

And that may be a pain but it might also allow you to find out what app is causing your phone to lag, because that's usually what it is.

The Droid is a fine phone from stock. Compare it to a Blackberry and you'd wonder why you ever thought it was lagging. ;)