Kindle for Android in the Market..

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! I've really been looking forward to this I had it on my old Blackberry and I really missed it on the Droid.

The feature I like the most is to make the letters white on a black background. It's a lot easier on the eyes with a back-lit screen that way.

Another_Dude

Reaction score
It seems to work pretty well.

Any tips you Kindle vets would like to pass along to us?

umdterp

Reaction score
hooray, i just wish this came out last week while i was on vacation and needed a book to read

MontyMo

Reaction score
WOW, it works GREAT.
Mind synced, I opened the book I am reading and the app asked me if I wanted to go to the last page I read on the Kindle. Nice!

Monty

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Thank you. I downloaded it from the market and it syncs up nicely with the books I have from Amazon. Opened up where I left off on one of them. I have the Kindle for PC (and PC2 on my netbook), but don't read that much on them. I read a lot on my cell phone since I've got my droid. I changed my background to Sepia with black letters (only choice for sepia). I like the black background and white letters for dark places (car at lunch when I need to get away from people and phones) or before I go to bed. I probably should have it that way all the time, but I thought I'd try out Sepia since Kindle has it.

No tips here that I could think of.
ETA: I had this Kindle Forum saved on my favorites. Has some posts on Kindle that might help. Also check out FREE (and very inexpensive) books for the Kindle (link) a pretty good start if you want to start there for some books to try them out on your Android phone.

Last edited:

yoopermjm

Reaction score
Finally. I've been waiting for this. Now my droid lacks almost nothing. App works great and syncs with kindle perfectly.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

smokelaw1

Reaction score
Kindle!

Either I am useless at finding things on this forum or nobody has posted that there is now a free kindle app!
I've been using it, seems to work well.
I only have the books I bought from Amazon on there, though, I wonder how I can get books that have been shared with me (legally!) to sync up. Regardless, I'm pretty friggen psyched!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should get Aldiko and see if they work there. If not, there are some conversion programs that might do it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Either I am useless at finding things on this forum or nobody has posted that there is now a free kindle app!
I've been using it, seems to work well.
I only have the books I bought from Amazon on there, though, I wonder how I can get books that have been shared with me (legally!) to sync up. Regardless, I'm pretty friggen psyched!

I heard it was coming out. I'll have to tell my wife, I know she wanted this.

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
yeah....posted the day it was released to the market...

hmmm...can't link to another post in this section...weird.

Anyway the original post is about 20 17+ pages back so it would be easy to miss.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah....posted the day it was released to the market...

hmmm...can't link to another post in this section...weird.

Anyway the original post is about 20 17+ pages back so it would be easy to miss.

I found it. Now it's one big happy thread!;)

mlfrey72

Reaction score
Kindle App

I've been using the Free Kindle for Android for months now and love it! But I just got the New Droid X and I downloaded the app, but it's only giving me the option for the books to be sent to my eris... anyone know how I can change this to my new phone?? Thanks!! :)

wkhiller

Reaction score
Removing books from Droid

Once I've finished a book, how do I remove it from the list that shows up when I open the Kindle app on my Droid?