killing apps

donpt1911

Reaction score
Hi-i was wondering if there is a way to kill some apps until you need to use them-i have task killer or app killer dont remember but when I kill the apps and close the screen then go back to app killer there is apps running again,also I downloaded helix1 and I have only 3 screens,any help please

Last edited:

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi-i was wondering if there is a way to kill some apps until you need to use them-i have task killer or app killer dont remember but when I kill the apps and close the screen then go back to app killer there is apps running again,also I downloaded helix1 and I have only 3 screens,any help please

The Android OS is Linux based and is designed to multitask. You have to think Linux instead of Windows. The Droid manages its apps and memory very well - that's the way it's designed. Killing apps isn't going to make your Droid perform any better because you're probably killing essential services right along with everything else. I'd get rid of the task killer as you really don't need one. Or at least try not running your task killer for a couple of days... you'll see what I mean. :D

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anne, is correct. Task killers tend to cause more problems than they solve.

Mike

jimnutt

Reaction score

As others have said, don't worry about background apps. As for Helix and more screens, go to the home screen and press the menu button. Then select configure and Screen Size. You can set the number of screens you want there.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

As others have said, don't worry about background apps. As for Helix and more screens, go to the home screen and press the menu button. Then select configure and Screen Size. You can set the number of screens you want there.

Oh, man, thanks, jimnutt! I totally missed the part about Helix Launcher. :D

Tar Heel

Reaction score
If it isn't a big deal to kill the apps, why do they eat up so much of my battery? I'll kill all apps before I charge the phone, but there are so many apps running that they use up my battery faster than I can charge the phone. I have a much shorter battery life because of all of the apps running. HELP!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it isn't a big deal to kill the apps, why do they eat up so much of my battery? I'll kill all apps before I charge the phone, but there are so many apps running that they use up my battery faster than I can charge the phone. I have a much shorter battery life because of all of the apps running. HELP!

Are you running a task killer? If so, I suggest deleting. Here is a link
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html that will clarify.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike