Keyboard: Much worse than Droid

demon69120

Reaction score
Me and my Step Dad just got back from Verizon after getting our Droids with trouble reading the cards replaced. We were talking to the people there about the Devour, which they had one hidden in the back they let us mess with (since my Dad is friends with about everyone at any store :icon_ banana:). Well with my Droid, the keyboard was a little stiff at the beginning, but it sort of broke in after a while, and it is really nice to use. Though the Devour is a Social Networking phone, the keys are much smaller, stiffer, and even harder than the Droid to reach the top buttons with fat fingers.

Just saying, those of you who seem to despise the Droid's QWERTY keyboard so bad that you're looking into the Devour, never mind that. The Droid still triumphs. Anyone else used the Devour and agree, disagree?

-Demon69120

M

Matth3w

I think anyone that thinks the Droid keyboard sucks hasn't really actually USED it exclusively. When I used it as a backup to the onscreen keyboard and Swype/Shapewriter, I used to think it was clunky, etc. Now that I use it almost exclusively for anything over a few words, I type close to 40-45wpm on it, and that's WITH errors.

RemyL75

Reaction score
I've used both the Droid and the Devour and I actually like the Devour's keyboard better. The dedicated number keys are a big plus. The keys are more pushed up than on the Droid. The Droid's keyboard isn't terrible, but it's not as good as the Devour keyboard IMO.

mcapehart

Reaction score
I have a Droid and my wife has a Devour. I don't mind the Droid keyboard, except I sometimes hit the wrong key on the top row. The Devour keyboard is superior IMO for usability and speed of typing.

I actually can type much faster using Swype on the virtual keyboard than on the physical one, and more accurately.