Keyboard help

pdc419

Reaction score
I love the pe rom, but I wish the keyboard prediction worked when you hit the space bar. Does anyone know of a fix for that, other than installing a different one( like the HTC mod).

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

gertman

Reaction score
YES!!!!

The easiest fix is to install the Vlingo app!!! It comes with a keyboard and it's free. The keyboard is EXACTLY the same as stock except for the mic button uses the Vlingo voice recognition.

If you need more detailed assistance please let me know.

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

OP
pdc419

pdc419

Reaction score
Thanks a lot man, I'll check it out. I appreciate it

listenman20

Reaction score
Which keyboard prediction are we talking about here? My touch keyboard has always worked on this ROM. The physical keyboard doesn't have prediction. Short of using an app or another keyboard I didn't think it ever had prediction on any ROM.

OP
pdc419

pdc419

Reaction score
The soft keyboard, when it predicts it and highlights I'll hit the space key and it doesn't insert the word into the sentence. It also seems like it predicts less words. I've messed with the settings, and also did a wipe when I installed.

listenman20

Reaction score
The soft keyboard, when it predicts it and highlights I'll hit the space key and it doesn't insert the word into the sentence. It also seems like it predicts less words. I've messed with the settings, and also did a wipe when I installed.

I've never had that problem at any point while using pe. Which theme are you using? I've been on the galaxy s theme and now running gflam's livewire theme. Both have done me well. Gflam has a few kinks to work out but otherwise it looks and runs great over pe. Something somewhere is conflicting with your keyboard. I just wonder if it's the theme.

OP
pdc419

pdc419

Reaction score
I had the problem while running stock, but I've since downloaded the incognito blue and has fixed it. It was really weird tho. I love this rom , definitely my favorite so far