Keyboard app with Swype AND one-handed option ?

spydergirl

Reaction score
SwiftKey doesn't seem to be coming out with this option any time soon and I really HATE the stock keyboard app that gets so many words wrong. Drives me crazy and I have to keep going back to correct everything. Grrrrr.... I LOVE the one-handed option which is an absolute necessity for the Note. So I'm looking for other app developers who were smart enough to add that option to their swype-style keyboard with hopefully a more accurate prediction system. Any ideas?

Sent from my GN2

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
So far I've found one app in the Playstore that is specifically designed for "One-Handed Keyboard," but it doesn't offer the swype style feature AND it costs $0.99. That's obviously not alot of money, but I ALREADY have that option on the stock keyboard. I'm just really surprised that the Swiftkey-Flow developers haven't added the one-handed feature for large phone users like us. We'd be buying the keyboard like CRAZY!

Sent from my GN2

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
So far I've found one app in the Playstore that is specifically designed for "One-Handed Keyboard," but it doesn't offer the swype style feature AND it costs $0.99. That's obviously not alot of money, but I ALREADY have that option on the stock keyboard. I'm just really surprised that the Swiftkey-Flow developers haven't added the one-handed feature for large phone users like us. We'd be buying the keyboard like CRAZY!

Sent from my GN2

The market is probably too small for them to worry about something like that at this point. But since it looks like nearly all of the major manufacturers are jumping on the large screen device bandwagon this year, I'm sure we'll start seeing more apps designed for them soon.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
SwiftKey doesn't seem to be coming out with this option any time soon and I really HATE the stock keyboard app that gets so many words wrong. Drives me crazy and I have to keep going back to correct everything. Grrrrr.... I LOVE the one-handed option which is an absolute necessity for the Note. So I'm looking for other app developers who were smart enough to add that option to their swype-style keyboard with hopefully a more accurate prediction system. Any ideas?

Sent from my GN2

Look on the Swiftkey forum for a download of the Swiftkey Flow Beta. Swiftkey with slide capability.
Here's a link
http://vip.swiftkey.net

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Look on the Swiftkey forum for a download of the Swiftkey Flow Beta. Swiftkey with slide capability.
Here's a link
SwiftKey VIP Forum

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

She's looking for a Swype-style keyboard that allows for one-handed use on large screen devices like the Note 2 (where the keyboard is a little smaller and aligned to either the right or the left of the screen so that all of the keys can be accessed with just one hand). She mentioned that Swiftkey Flow doesn't have this option.

I'm not aware of any current keyboards that offer both one-handed operation for large screen devices and sliding input.

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
She's looking for a Swype-style keyboard that allows for one-handed use on large screen devices like the Note 2 (where the keyboard is a little smaller and aligned to either the right or the left of the screen so that all of the keys can be accessed with just one hand). She mentioned that Swiftkey Flow doesn't have this option.

I'm not aware of any current keyboards that offer both one-handed operation for large screen devices and sliding input.

Exactly.

But thanks for the tip on the Beta Flow app. I had tried that one already, but need one with the option to slide to the left or right for one-handed use on the large screen devices. Hopefully eventually a developer SOMEWHERE will create one with that option.

Sent from my GN2

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Have you tried SlideIt ? I'm not sure about large screened phones but I can resize and slide it left or right on my Nexus7 and Galaxy Tab.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
Gotcha. Have you tried SlideIt ? I'm not sure about large screened phones but I can resize and slide it left or right on my Nexus7 and Galaxy Tab.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Wow that sounds possible. I'll
check that out after work and let u know. Thanks!

Sent from my GN2

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Another vote for SlideIt - it is very customizable and themeable :)!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Nice call. It does indeed work quite well with the Note 2 for one-handed use.

I just wish the text prediction was a little better. SwiftKey 3 has my typing patterns nailed down perfectly, and because of that, typing is much slower on any other keyboard for me.

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
Wow wow wow !!! You're absolutely right! This is fantastic and I can move the keyboard from side to side and customize it! Definitely second to Swiftkey with the added bonus of the one-handed feature. Awesome! Thank you so much for the tip! :)

Sent from my GN2