Keyboard advice?

tholt311

Reaction score
So I've had my Droid for about 2 months and love everything about it but the built in keyboard. Moved from the Storm and I've tried every app Big buttons, doesn't have auto correct so isn't what I'm looking for. Tried better keyboard hated it, not a fan of swype and started trying the HTC keyboard tonight and my problem is I have huge thumbs and misspell alot so the physcial keyboard isn't much better...Someone please help me! This is my only issue with this wonderful phone! Kills every Palm and Blackerry I've owned!

OP
T

tholt311

Reaction score
This is very true well one bad thing can't ruin all the good features of the phone.

orangepeel

Reaction score
So I've had my Droid for about 2 months and love everything about it but the built in keyboard. Moved from the Storm and I've tried every app Big buttons, doesn't have auto correct so isn't what I'm looking for. Tried better keyboard hated it, not a fan of swype and started trying the HTC keyboard tonight and my problem is I have huge thumbs and misspell alot so the physcial keyboard isn't much better...Someone please help me! This is my only issue with this wonderful phone! Kills every Palm and Blackerry I've owned!

I also came from the BB Storm.

Try Smart Keyboard Pro. I have tried Swype,and Better keyboard and SMart Keyboard Pro is the best IMO. I like the iphone "style" keyboard that they offer with it,because it has plenty of space between letters so people with big thumbs (like myself) have plenty of room to work.I must say it's one of the best apps that I've bought.

I found Better keyboard to be the worst of all the keyboards except MAYBE the stock KB.

Last edited:

bigrigdriver

Reaction score
I have small hands & I still have problems with miss typing but I still prefer a phisycal KB over the screen one. Have you tried the built in screen KB, it will suggest words to you but it will slow you down a bit.:)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I hated swype when I first tried it, but after I gave it a couple days, I love it!

You might try Thick Buttons. There's a thread on it somewhere, but it basically predicts the buttons you'll use next and enlarges them while shrinking less important ones. My big complaint there though was that it seemed like the buttons also kinda shifted placement as well.

rich73

Reaction score
ok, dumb question, but Im gonna ask. Can a bluetooth keyboard work with the droid?
If i was using the phone a lot, I would think about it.....

rich73

Reaction score
Well, i agree with the original post....I fat-finger the screen and keyboard a lot. That's why I asked about a bluetooth option.

Reaction score
Better keyboard does suck. I liked it at first, but then it kept fixing words I didn't want fixed, like I tried typing, Meh same ole same ole, and it came out Meg, same oleander same oleander. Try shapewriter. Takes some getting used to. Thickbuttons was ok, but not for fast typing with the shifting letters. I really want a good t9 number pad.

Zindrix

Reaction score
I know you said you didn't like it but damn I'm in love with Swype, it finally gives purpose to the vertical keyboard. In fact, I haven't used the physical keyboard since installing it. It's SO fast and easy.

I have had it for about a week now and often times when I'm typing something I will randomly just say "damn I love this keyboard". It really has proven its worth(free) to me.

KCOTT

Reaction score
came from the BB Storm as well, the great thing about the phone was SureType...everything else sucked

if somehow SureType or something similar came to the droid, that would make me very happy

aldeghij

Reaction score

I also came from the BB Storm.

Try Smart Keyboard Pro. I have tried Swype,and Better keyboard and SMart Keyboard Pro is the best IMO. I like the iphone "style" keyboard that they offer with it,because it has plenty of space between letters so people with big thumbs (like myself) have plenty of room to work.I must say it's one of the best apps that I've bought.

I found Better keyboard to be the worst of all the keyboards except MAYBE the stock KB.

I agree, smart keyboard pro works great. I use that and Swype. Love em both...

Reaction score
swiftkey is pretty nice keyboard as well, ive been in the closed alpha testing for it and so far it looks VERY promising :)