Key Ring App

rkimmins

Reaction score
I have scanned in several merchant card's barcodes, but when I have tried to use the barcode at the checkout counter, the merchant's scanner cannot read my phone's installed barcode. This is an app that sounds useful, but it doesn't work well at all. I'll delete the app until they fix this problem.:mad::motdroidhoriz:

taypotts

Reaction score
so ppl have said you need to set the brightness to 80% for the scanner to pick up... It also depends on the store's scanners

Varking

Reaction score
I can confirm that the Best Buy and Target codes work correctly. I have my Target Team Member Discount Card in my Key Ring App and it scans perfectly fine every day. I have been to Best Buy once and it worked just fine. I have a Food Lion one, Gamestop, and Barnes and Noble as well but haven't been to those places since I downloaded this.

Zippster

Reaction score
If you read the instruction that come with it and also a video to watch, you increase your odds of it working.

The handheld scanners do work if positioned properly, I have had no luck with the flatbed ones.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The developers even said the flatbed scanners won't work most likely, and will work with the handheld ones. I can confirm at my local Giant grocery store it wasn't working on the flatbed and the kid came over and said "that's a great program but you need me to scan it with this"...and bingo it worked. He then said "is that the Droid", so I let him play with the phone while I finished checking out my groceries at the self service checkout at the store.