Kernels Tested

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
curious as to what kernels work with this, thought maybe (if ok with you guys) I could sticky this and we could update as kernels tested.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Kernels

sure not a problem. im pretty sure any droid 1 kernel should work depending on phone of course :)
but anyone do this if you can list compcache support or not also thanks

OP
dmacleo

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
IIRC most do now right? will make sure to check that.

666ogre666

Reaction score
Been running chevys ulv 1.25ghz for a while and its been good. No compcache but I never use it anyways

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

OP
dmacleo

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok with the included slahyer kernels I was seeing cpu temps running in high 130's F and this causes my phone issues. even limiting to 800 was high temps.

I swapped to chevy 1000 med volt and ran for 12 hours with zero issues. I am now testing chevy LV 1250 kernel.

I should add my phone is extremely sensitive to kernels and temps.

update: as expected LV kernel locks up, will test MV same speed then if issues will drop speeds.

ok the MV 1250 works but does run hot unless limited (as expected) so I am going back to the MV 1000 for now.

Last edited:

TMYINC

Reaction score
I have ran about every P3Droid kernel except for the underclock ones..i.e 600mhz and 700mhz. Both low and standard voltage and both lows i.e 125mhz & 250mhz. I have not had and issue with any one of them except that my phone gets a little finicky with the 1250mhz both LV and SV. I can try the underclocked ones if anybody is interested. I run P3Droid a lot and have all of the kernels on my SD card. I never clock below 800mhz but I still have the kernels for testing. My next run of kernels will be slayher's LFY kernels. I swap kernels like I swap underwear so if anybody wants one tested just let me know.

Edit: Im not a compcache user but I will try that out also just to see how it works.

OP
dmacleo

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
please test and report, if possible see what one has best cpu temps too for each speed.
ul and lv kernels lock mine up easily even at 800m.

TMYINC

Reaction score
please test and report, if possible see what one has best cpu temps too for each speed.
ul and lv kernels lock mine up easily even at 800m.

lv usually works prett good for me. ulv give me some issues with higher frequencies and also get hotter easier. A question about compcache btw. I never use it so I was wondering if you needed a module with P3Droid kernels?

OP
dmacleo

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
not sure as I seldom used it either, thats something the devs could answer better.

TMYINC

Reaction score
OK thanks. I noticed the ramzswap module before for P3Droid and slayher kernels. Just didn't know if it was needed or not. Thats what I was thinking the "enable compcache" option under sourcery settings was doing...downloading the module.

Edit: Downloaded the ramzswap module from P3Droids website and flashed it. Used the "start compcache" option under sourcery settings. Checked it in terminal su then compcache stats and all looks good. Will start testing compcache support on P3Droid kernels.

Last edited:

TMYINC

Reaction score
The 600mhz kernels seem a little choppy to me. Like I said, Im not used to them but notice a difference from them and the 800mhz. Interactive governor seems the way to go also. better response with interactive then on demand. Had a big jump in heat as soon as I flashed the 600mhz kernels but did cool down after a while. Now seems to be staying cool with moderate use. The low of 125mhz seems a little slow on waking up the phone. Will see if that's the case on all of the low 125mhz kernels or just the lower frequency ones. Im going to retest all of the P3Droid kernels again since I added another factor in with the underclocked kernels. Compcache will be after that.

racingelting

Reaction score
I have been running P3 125-1250, 250-1200, and 250-1250 in three diff D1's with zero issues and no temps over 38degrees C. No random reboots all the way up to 1250 for short term use. Most of the time I leave them 700-1000 or so. I also turn off all animations other than the ones in LP. It seems to run smoother that way...?

TMYINC

Reaction score
Update

2 things so far.

1. P3Droid kernels seem to work great with this rom. Im still doing some random testing but so far no problems. Haven't tried compcache yet. I want to try a few more kernels before I get into that.

2. I now have been trying chevy's kernels and I am getting a lot of heat issues with them. Some unexplained issues also such as temps over 50 degrees Celsius when the phone is sleeping or charging. Not sure if it is the rom or my phone but I have used chevy's kernels before with MIUI and have not had this issue. I just dont think that they do not mix well. I am going to skip the rest of chevy's kernels since it has happened on every MV, LV, and ULV that I have tried so far. Dont want to continue heating up my phone that much. ;)

dmf77

Reaction score
Running stock cm 6.1 kernel with compcache, only problem is I like using the milestone overclock to ramp it up to 1ghz, but I open the app and it won't let me load the module b/c the model number is sourcery?? Anyone know how to change this??

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
milestone

chagne the build.prop to whateer it wants. the build.prop file is located in the system folder.
find the sourcery reference and change it to what ever it should be for the milestone.
its this area

ro.product.model=Full Android

not sure what it needs to say for a milestone we dont have 1 so we cant support it.

but if its just the sourcery causing you the problem change that full android to what ever the default milestone says.

hope this helps you out