kernels - battery life with Kangerade

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Just wondering what kernels you all are having luck with and what settings you are using?

I've tried quite a few and while I have a couple which I like the speed, none of them offer me much in the way of battery life.

I have been testing by charging to full and then going to bed -checking battery use when i wake up. One odd thing is that i have been sleeping for 7 some hours and the device is reporting its been unplugged for only 3. I am at 50% battery left after it being clocked to 250 while i sleep with no wifi/gps/sync running. Battery use shows cell standby and android system to be the power eaters.

Any ideas?

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. The kernel I have now is the smoothest one I've used with this ROM and rarely heats up, but one with great battery life is something hard to find. I'm thinking its the ROM, though I'm not sure.

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
So far I've tried a bunch of the Chevy Ultra Low Voltage kernels and most of the P3 low voltage. Now I'm trying one of the Chevy low (not ulv) and we'll see how it acts.

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Try jdlfg's froyo kernels. Great battery life on those.

Well, I tried 4 different JDLFG kernels and three have been locking up the phone on me. Or causing it to reboot. One of them just reports 0 battery and reboots.

Guess my droid does not like em. lol

UgaDroid313

Reaction score
I'm running the new Kangerade 5.0.9 but every time I try to install a new kernel it stays at the stock 800mhz. Any ideas what I can do?

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Open SetCPU, hit the menu, and autodetect

FrostMan

Reaction score
Wow 50% after 7 hours of sleep??

I use P3's 1.2 GHZ clocked at 250-1000. It is clocked at 250min and 250max while in sleep mode, and after about 7-8 hours of sleep it is either at 100% or 90%. This is with my regular apps pulling data and recieving a few emails, and the led blinks for a good 5-6 hours a night since I tend to get a lot of emails at like 2am??

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Wow 50% after 7 hours of sleep??

I use P3's 1.2 GHZ clocked at 250-1000. It is clocked at 250min and 250max while in sleep mode, and after about 7-8 hours of sleep it is either at 100% or 90%. This is with my regular apps pulling data and recieving a few emails, and the led blinks for a good 5-6 hours a night since I tend to get a lot of emails at like 2am??

Yep. Not sure whats doing it. My situation sounds similar to yours in that, I've got it set to 250/250 while the screen is off. I get notifications while I am asleep and my LED blinks all night long tooo.

TedWilliams

Reaction score
Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
When I initially started using Jrummy's roms a few weeks ago, I was dealing with the same stuff. I wound up going through and adjusting a bunch of settings that seemed to help out quite a bit. Scrolling animations, auto-brightness, and so on were turned off. I also got rid of some widgets that I rarely used. My battery currently will last me a normal day with a bit to spare by the end of the night. For whatever it's worth, I use my quite often throughout the day. I've had better battery life with older roms, no question, but I haven't had many issues making it through the day.

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
When I initially started using Jrummy's roms a few weeks ago, I was dealing with the same stuff. I wound up going through and adjusting a bunch of settings that seemed to help out quite a bit. Scrolling animations, auto-brightness, and so on were turned off. I also got rid of some widgets that I rarely used. My battery currently will last me a normal day with a bit to spare by the end of the night. For whatever it's worth, I use my quite often throughout the day. I've had better battery life with older roms, no question, but I haven't had many issues making it through the day.

Heck, I'm just trying to make it through the night, not even using my phone!

I'm hoping that the new 5.0.9 might help some. Got it installed with Chevy ULV1.2 sitting at 400/1000 on demand right now, with sleep at 250/250.

I'll get her all charged up, and disable gps/wifi/sync again before bed and see what happens tonight.

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Are you on the latest baseband, and have you done a *228 option 2 for good measure?

What is the latest baseband? I am on C_01.3E03P right now.

I'll *228 again, just to be sure (I did it a couple days ago??)

TedWilliams

Reaction score
Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR

Heck, I'm just trying to make it through the night, not even using my phone!

I'm hoping that the new 5.0.9 might help some. Got it installed with Chevy ULV1.2 sitting at 400/1000 on demand right now, with sleep at 250/250.

I'll get her all charged up, and disable gps/wifi/sync again before bed and see what happens tonight.

Personally, I think you should have GPS disabled all of the time unless you're using it for navigating purposes. Just let your location be determined through the wireless network setting. Wifi eats up the battery life as well, so if you're going to bed, I'd recommend turning it off.

I'm not sure why so many people are having issues with the battery life. I'm not saying mine hasn't been reduced since using Kangerade, but to hear that some people have a battery going down to like 50% without being used seems a bit strange to me.