Kernel version as required by rom

Reaction score
So I've been looking at trying liberty and darkslide as well as apex and they all say I have to be at a certain version. Is this the kernel version that they are talking about. Im using rubix right now and I wanna switch to liberty. So how do I make sure I have the right kernel and if I don't how do I get it? Im a lil confused lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Do I have ti sbf my phone to get back to the 2.3.340 kernel that apex requires me to have. And liberty and darkslide have a different version that you must at least be at, can't remember the number off the top of my head

usne8

Reaction score
Back,
If you sbf'd back to 340, you can flash either according to the rom op instructions after you reroot.

GB Rooted Deodexed OC'd and Gingercomb Juiced!

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
So I have to sbf? There's no other way to do it. My kernel version is 2.6.32.9

Im using rubix focused 2.0.1 currently

mywebslave

Reaction score
Actually of you're running the latest rubix you should be fine. You can abc to be safe. But as long as you wipe data and cache you should be fine. I always just wipe everything but boot and sdcard and I haven't had issues.

mywebslave

Reaction score
Sorry I mean sbf stupid auto correct.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
So what about roms that say you HAVE to be at the 340 kernel, like rubix did. I have to sbf on those right? Besides sbf, I backuped my stock rom with cwm when I first got my phone. Could I just restore that or would that not restore the kernel as well?

mywebslave

Reaction score
Basically the only time your kernel version will change is with an sbf or and ota update. With the locked bootloader we can't just flash a new kernel as we please. All these custom roms are just tweaked software end to work with a particular kernel. Basically the kernel part you don't need to worry about as long as you are on the latest ota and if your running rubix 2.0.1 then you are.

mywebslave

Reaction score
Oh and you could restore the backup too prior to flashing liberty. But honestly for me it never mattered. Just as long as you wipe the data and cache.