Kernel speed = processor (speed)?

grimloktt

Reaction score
I see the Droid 2 processor is 1ghz and the Droid 2 Global is 1.2 ghz. I have a Droid 1 running ROM with 1275 Kernel. Does that equate to a speed slightly faster than the Droid 2 Global or am I mixing apples and oranges?

Thank you.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I see the Droid 2 processor is 1ghz and the Droid 2 Global is 1.2 ghz. I have a Droid 1 running ROM with 1275 Kernel. Does that equate to a speed slightly faster than the Droid 2 Global or am I mixing apples and oranges?

Thank you.
Short answer yes. Long answer, the processor is running faster, but that doesnt always equate to a better overall experience on your phone. Drop a Ferrari engine in your lawnmower. Sure the engine has the potential to top out at 180+mph, but you are limited by the capabilities of the rest of the lawnmower.

adsfa34

Reaction score

Thank you.
Short answer yes. Long answer, the processor is running faster, but that doesnt always equate to a better overall experience on your phone. Drop a Ferrari engine in your lawnmower. Sure the engine has the potential to top out at 180+mph, but you are limited by the capabilities of the rest of the lawnmower.

Yeah, because the framework of the blur lawnmower freakin sucks... oooo BURN

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App