kernel for CM7 Nightly Builds?

dr01dm0dd3r

Reaction score
ok, so i cant seem to find anything about what kernel to use for the CM 7 nightly builds for droid 1. I dont wanna mess my phone up so does anyone know what kernel(s) are compatible? thanks!

datsyuk

Reaction score
The stock kernel is a slayher I believe, you can use http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cyanogenmod/107143-tut-milestone-oc-application-tut.html if you want to overclock or undervolt it.

I'm going to actually give this a shot too and see how it works. Seems like a very cool app.

I have flashed Slayher's 1200mhz kernel and have had a bad experience with that on the nightlies. I've noticed that it has AWFUL battery life. I mean extremely bad, lasted 5-6 hours on full charge?

P3's ran alright but I experience a few random reboots and FC's with it (still get SOME on the stock kernel but not NEARLY as much).

dpaine88

Reaction score
The stock with the Milestone OC app is allll you need.

You can't get any better, theres really no need for a custom kernel.

YOU choose the VOLTAGE and the SPEED.

You can also do this on the fly, change voltage and speed without reboots

datsyuk

Reaction score
Where does the module need to be? Its coming back not found when I go to load it.

edit: Nvm needed another .apk I guess.

Last edited:

Eschy

Reaction score
i would say stick with the stock kernel, gingerbread is stupid fast at 800mhz. It has some seriously good battery life too. Im getting anywhere from 15-21 hours on one charge. Not to mention the fact that none of these kernels are built for gingerbread. gingerbread runs on 2.6.35.X , these kernels are all 2.6.32.9 which are froyo kernels. The stock kernel has probably been optimized to run with GB but its not a GB kernel.

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
i would say stick with the stock kernel, gingerbread is stupid fast at 800mhz. It has some seriously good battery life too. Im getting anywhere from 15-21 hours on one charge. Not to mention the fact that none of these kernels are built for gingerbread. gingerbread runs on 2.6.35.X , these kernels are all 2.6.32.9 which are froyo kernels. The stock kernel has probably been optimized to run with GB but its not a GB kernel.

+1

Stupid fast is right, although I get a little lag opening my app drawer with ADW EX - probably due to my fade-in effect. Battery life is ridiculous...

I'll take better battery over an accelerometer any day of the week :)