Keep My DROID or move to DROID X???

truetyl

Reaction score
Here is my dilemma I am facing:

I JUST received my original Motorola Droid last week (July 8th).

It was an upgrade I was able to make from my "dumb phone" (I had LG Voyager).

So I have technically only had a DROID for a little over a week.

Well as everyone around already knows the Droid X came out on Thursday. I was already contemplating waiting to upgrade to it, but I couldnt wait. Once i found out I could upgrade EARLY (and by early it was only a year into my contract) I JUMPED at it.

But now that the X is out and I've messed with it I've started to yearn for one lol......

S my question to everyone is should I try and exchange my original DROID for the DROID X....... or should I just stick with my DROID?????????

Rick Tanner

Reaction score
Droid does have its advantages over the X. Much louder speaker and i mean much. Slide out key board if you use it, i didn't and the 4 smart keys on the X are hard and that is not an upgrade to me.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i want the X as well, but i haven't even tried rooting and loading a different ROM.

maybe i'll go that route with this Droid, needs to be replaced anyway.

Jmart922

Reaction score
I think it depends on what you want, like for me I have an upgrade I'm saving, I love flashing new Roms and overclocking my Droid because it gives my phone new life everytime there's something better coming out or just to look forward too, theming is also a big part of it, many people I know with plain stock droids always ask, how did you do that??? If that stuff doesn't matter and a lack of a keyboard then shoot for the newer phone

brando56894

Reaction score
What are your intentions with it? Do you plan on modding it or just keeping it as a stock phone?

If you plan on overclocking it, installing custom roms and easily playing emulator games (with the game gripper accessory), Id say stay with the droid. If you just want to use it like the average person would go with the droid x.

OP
T

truetyl

Reaction score
I havent tried ROOTING it yet and putting ROMS on it or anything.... I have been thinkin about trying it.....guess im just kinda scared to brick it lol....

but I think the only real thing making me want a Droid X is the screen size.... I actually happen to really like the size of the screen..... My girl got one Thursday and I've messed with it a little and the size of it draws me in...... but like I said I am interested in the whole Rooting side