Kangerade.Scripts.v04

mrZoSo

Reaction score
Having issue with Installing boot animations, when tapping on the Install Boot Animations:
ERROR Loading /sdcard/goodies/bootanimations/

Then error window shows:
Could Not Load /sdcard/goodies/bootanimations/

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
To load the new scripts app can I follow the directions to delete from earlier? Use Terminal emulator and the same commands as before? Then install with Astro?

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
To load the new scripts app can I follow the directions to delete from earlier? Use Terminal emulator and the same commands as before?

if it won't let you install straight from Astro then yes you have to do the terminal emulator way. There seems to be a problem with Kangerade ROM, and i believe it's the way /system/bin/pm is setup, if you have Root Explorer you can just mount system r/w, open up /system/bin/pm in TextEditor(inside RootExplorer) then add to the top #!/system/bin/sh and after that there shoudn't be any problems installing the app over existing/older versions

Thanks again!!

mrZoSo

Reaction score
OK, the goodies folder is setup as such:
/sdcard/goodies/bootanimations/boot animation name(15 total)/bootanimation.zip

Also there is no option for the apps2sd
-Apps to sdcard scripts a2sdon, a2sdoff, a2sdauto

It was in the one that came with the ROM but didn't work for me, I would have to FC it.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
I actually didn't even need terminal this time... just downloaded and installed with Astro. Even told me it was about to replace another version!

I like the updates you're making with this App. Looking more polished and easier to use with every update!!

mrZoSo

Reaction score
OK, the goodies folder is setup as such:
/sdcard/goodies/bootanimations/boot animation name(15 total)/bootanimation.zip

Also there is no option for the apps2sd
-Apps to sdcard scripts a2sdon, a2sdoff, a2sdauto

It was in the one that came with the ROM but didn't work for me, I would have to FC it.

with v04.1 all you need to do is place any bootanimation into /sdcard/goodies/bootanimations/*.zip ie.(/sdcard/goodies/bootanimations/banana.zip or /sdcard/goodies/bootanimations/mario.zip etc..)

i haven't added the option to run a2sdon/a2sdoff/a2sdauto, as i've not seen what those files have inside them.
If people want it added, i can :)
I understand about the bootanimations. But that means going in to the goodies folder, as it comes, and renaming all the bootanimation.zip files to there actual name and then moving them all to /sdcard/goodies/bootanimations/ folder.
Couldn't you make it see all the different folders and then just switch out the one in the folder we select?

Aegon

Reaction score
I cannot get the update to install. I deleted the version that comes with Jrummy's ROM downloaded this one.. go to install from astro and I get the warning "this is a system application do you still want to replace it" hit OK, go through the permissions then I get a message "not installed"

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
i haven't added the option to run a2sdon/a2sdoff/a2sdauto, as i've not seen what those files have inside them.

Speaking for myself I'd like to see those options added to you work. Oh and btw great work make life real simple for folks who don't like or want to use terminal. Saves me a lot of time for friends who are clueless working on there phones and I get stuck dong it.....lol. Keep up the great work, Peace.

Edit: real quick will your *.apk work with other ROMs? If so any or just specific ones. Thanks

mike919

Reaction score

Speaking for myself I'd like to see those options added to you work. Oh and btw great work make life real simple for folks who don't like or want to use terminal. Saves me a lot of time for friends who are clueless working on there phones and I get stuck dong it.....lol. Keep up the great work, Peace.

Edit: real quick will your *.apk work with other ROMs? If so any or just specific ones. Thanks

i would think the scripts are specific to this ROM.

meltdown

Reaction score
My boot animations won't change even though it says successful. I am now stuck with a banana dancing when I boot up. I verified it moved the bootanimation.zip file to /system/media. The switchba script won't even work. This has been happening since the first version of the scripts app. Any ideas?