K-9 not updating Comcast e-mail?

HyBReD

Reaction score
I've been using K-9 since I got my Incredible and I love it. However it doesn't update my Comcast.net e-mail even though I have it on a 5-minute polling... any ideas?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you using the latest version? It's better.

Don't use a task killer.

Perhaps set polling to 15 minutes. Some providers don't respond well to frequent polling. If that works try 10 minutes.

Doublecheck settings. Make sure polling is on and phone setting for background data is on.

OP
H

HyBReD

Reaction score
Yes.

I'm not.

Didn't help.

It's all on.

My Gmail push works perfect, but the polling for Comcast just doesn't. :(

Spartan

Reaction score
What version are you using? Is it sending emails thru your comcast account or just not receiving?

I had a similar problem initially when trying to get my charter email. Ended up I needed a different port. Went to the charter website and used port 587. Worked perfectly after that.

OP
H

HyBReD

Reaction score
Good call with the ports. Turns out Comcast's POP3 doesn't like SSL so I turned that off and all is working fine.

Spartan

Reaction score
Good call with the ports. Turns out Comcast's POP3 doesn't like SSL so I turned that off and all is working fine.

Glad to hear its working now. Another note, make sure you are using the latest version. Most current now available thru the K9 website is 2.706
This update is not available thru the android market.

K9>>menu>>about>>click link for revision information>>downloads>>k9-2706-release.apk

Enjoy.