k-9 mail

boos1906

Reaction score
Hey guys I wanna make my k-9 mail so its my default email instead of the stock. How do I do this?

harrellj

Reaction score
Go into stock email and turn off notifications and on first time doing something that would prompt which program, check make default and k9.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can always clear the current defaults for a program by going into phone settings > applications. Find the app and push it's "Clear defaults" button. In this case, you could do this with the Email app.

OP
B

boos1906

Reaction score
Well I got the notifications shut off and it no longer receives the email in the stock app. However now when you open k-9 mail you have to click on the load 25 more deal before it receives them. any ideas???

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you using IMAP or POP3? If POP3, there's a setting for polling frequency.

You're not using a task killer are you? Don't.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where is your email account hosted? For example...Google, Yahoo, AOL, godaddy, earthlink, something else?

IMAP, POP3, and Exchange are 3 popular ways to connect to email servers.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
So it gets email fine when you make it refresh manually? To what is your polling frequency set? You aren't killing tasks / using an automated task killer, are you?

Ouch, OK, hotmail isn't the easiest for email clients to deal with. Yahoo can be a pain too. Still, this might help you: K-9 not getting pop3 email... - Android Forums
The post mentions hotmail settings.

Last edited:
OP
B

boos1906

Reaction score
Where do I see what my polling frequency is set to?

OP
B

boos1906

Reaction score
I personally think its a problem with hotmail. When I was using the stock email alot of times I would have to refresh my phone and like 15 emails would come in when the phone turned back on. Would I be better off getting a new email service? What a good one to use with the droid

harrellj

Reaction score
Gmail would be the best with the phone... that whole Google thing, you know? :p