Justin.TV app is out, and how does it work?

J

JohnDroid

android-justin-tv-app.jpg

You may or may not have heard but Justin.TV now has an Android App that allows you to stream real time video right to their site. This has been available on other platforms but just became available for Android today.

The main question is how does it work? Well, if you've been wondering that but haven't had a chance to test it out yourself you can see a quick review at beardygeek's site here: Justin.tv Android app – first broadcast test | Beardy Geek

If you've had a chance to try it out yourself why not let us know how it's working for you and any changes you'd like to see... we'll pass along word to the Justin.TV site/developers and see if we can make a difference.

If you'd like to grab the app, just click this link: Justin.tv for Android - Justin.tv

img.php

PyGuy

Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty cool! I've been waiting for a justin.tv app! I'll have to test this tonight!

Moondonkey

Reaction score
Its pretty cool...

a little laggy from 3g with a really good connection. Didn't try it, but I am sure WiFi would be smooth.

I wish it included the option to view other broadcasters channels.

I know I can do this through my browser, but it probably would be smoother from within an app.

ggaabe

Reaction score
I've never even heard of justin.tv before but i figured I'd try it out. wifi hasn't been working on my droid x running froyo for the past couple of days so I tried it over 3G and the video was great. The streaming had about a 12 second delay with a good connection, and as stated above, would probably have less of a delay over wifi.

moon shah

Reaction score
I get more viewers from broadcasting more often and telling my friends. Also take advantage of the features in your profile on justin.tv such as the MySpace and Twitter updates!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is definitely a cool app. This has unlocked so many possibilities.

I'm being totally serious here. What possibilities? Who are you broadcasting too?

Sorry, this one has me a little baffled.
I thought it was real TV :blink:

It didn't stay on my phone for more than ten minutes, I could see it going down the wrong path, real quick

HarshReality

Reaction score
Well, I had not considered a video blog.. honestly youtube does the same thing for me but as far as the app goes I would use it once they fixed the app. Froyo on the droid video has the option to enable the lighting for darkened rooms. This application is lacking that completely so its about like they are packaging an older camera/video app with the thing.

Once they get that fixed though I would most likely start doing video of the kids and such for the grandparents.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hasn't Qik been doing this already?

I'm with hook, what and who is this being broadcast too?

tk13

Reaction score
Ustream's had an app that's done this for 8 or 9 months. Although I'd say it looks like this app's video quality is much better.

???

Reaction score
untill they get a viwer its pretty much usless.

only legal use i know of for justin tv is for gamers to stream their halo matches and stuff. just about everything else on there is spam or copyright that gets pulled all the time.

i guess it could have its uses, i know a kid that used the brocaster at the new halo roll out event. so his followers could watch. but as said. its a pretty much usless app as it is.

as for viewing, i've tried thru the browser and its pretty much a fail. skyfire will work sometimes and deff plays back better, but it doesn't always work and after watching a match for about 10mins, i was totally bored at work. when i exited skyfire, my phone had to be rebooted twice to be back to normal. it was hanging and lagging hard core everywhere.