Just venting: I"m so over it now

Shurple

Reaction score
Some of you read posts I had where i stated i had 3 Samsung Droid Charges in 35 days.

This one got up to 115.8 degrees yesterday (111 of it was idle with no apps running outside of trillian) and the entire screen turned blue. Had to reboot.

Now i have NO G service for 30 minutes.

Verizon can take this phone and................................................ eat it.

Anyone else frustrated? Did you replace your phone with another brand? what did you get?

Vent away!

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
best phone i ever had, luv it :)

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
i have used some roms that cause excessive heating,
on stock GB charging, hot spot running im @ 109deg. temp feels pretty typical, i dont usually have the monitoring app installed.

J

JohnDroid

I liked my Droid Charge much better then my Thunderbolt. Guess it's different for everyone.

OP
S

Shurple

Reaction score
I agree with bweN diorD. And I'm sorry to say this, but in Shurple's case it is a very clear case of user error after that many phones and that many (uncommon) problems.

Not user error. Its a pos phone. I don't root or mess with it. The phone is a hunk of crap. What user error do u see? I don't install a million apps. I text brouse the net and IM. I want and expect my phone to use a charger as normal. It was IDLE and got hot. And if you actually read the forum there's PAGES of similar complaints.

What's a rom btw?

Sent from my Samsung Charge using DroidForums.

Last edited:

gmorgan056

Reaction score
I agree with bweN diorD. And I'm sorry to say this, but in Shurple's case it is a very clear case of user error after that many phones and that many (uncommon) problems.

To say it's user error without knowing the details is a bit assinine if you ask me.

My wife has a Charge and loves it. She hasn't had any problems with it. Every phone is different. I'm on my 4th Droid. Sometimes you hit a string of bad luck.

gmorgan056

Reaction score
Not user error. Its a pos phone. I don't root or mess with it. The phone is a hunk of crap. What user error do u see? I don't install a million apps. I text brouse the net and IM. I want and expect my phone to use a charger as normal. It was IDLE and got hot. And if you actually read the forum there's PAGES of similar complaints.

What's a rom btw?

A Rom is a custom UI that you can flash when rooted. It usually allows you to change the colors of certain things and allows you to put in customer kernals for overclocking.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
i have used some roms that cause excessive heating,
on stock GB charging, hot spot running im @ 109deg. temp feels pretty typical, i dont usually have the monitoring app installed.

with the hot spot off for an hour, still charging, the temp dropped to 89deg..

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

What's a rom btw?

do you use the stock charger and chord?
i have seen some complain then find out later they used the charger from their old phone, or an extension usb cable.

gemro311

Reaction score
I'm on my 4th Charge ...this one (knock on wood) has been just as I expected. Made one modification to it..from rooted Eris days ...installed Launcher Pro.. Battery life is much better than I imagined
... can't argue with 15 hrs +..esp since my Laptop doesn't get 4..and can't do 1/4 of what this can..
You can call me a happy Camper.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

OP
S

Shurple

Reaction score
Since I am posting from my phone I can't remember everyone's names but ill answer-

Thanks for the rom explanation... still learning :)

I am using the stock charger as any others make the phone act up. I carry it everywhere I go lol.

Wow four charges... u have me beat at the moment lol.

And four droids!? Oy

Yes to say user error without details is asinine but I assume it usually is user error which is why he said it. I understand.

A string of bad luck seems to befall too many on this board with this phone. No phone is glitch free but finding one with least problems is my goal :)

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Welcome to cutting edge technology, it's not perfect. I don't see a "lot" of problems with the Charge on here. Just keep sending it back til they give you a good one or a new phone. Then you can get your iPhone (4) back. But, don't forget the case for it, since none of them worked without a case since the antenna layout was a POS. Remember that?

hillbillie620

Reaction score
Maybe u are just new and dont know how to use a phone bc it looks like noone else has the problem

Last edited by a moderator:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Maybe u are just new and dont know how to use a phone bc it looks like noone else has the problem

Glad to see someone was nice enough to correct your post.

As for no one else having problems, take some time and read the posts. Has nothing to do with being new or not knowing how to use their phone. Some phonemes just Dad up being duds and then it is being replaced with a refurbished one, the chances of it being a dud is that much greater.

Be thankful you were lucky to get a Charge with no problems... as i was also... but not everyone has!