Just updated phone.. All contacts erased?

lowco101

Reaction score
I just updated my phone to 2.0.1 and it erased all but one of my contacts. I sync'd it with facebook and gmail and now I have a bunch without their phone #'s now. I can still manually search for my old contacts and it will find them, but they aren't on the contact list.. Anyone else have this problem and a way to fix it?

OP
L

lowco101

Reaction score
No, I just read that the people at verizon should of sync'd it when I got my phone but apparently they didn't

droiduser507

Reaction score
All the contacts in my phone have been erased after the update. The only exceptions are the 4 contacts that I have manually entered since I bought the phone. I was previously using a Sanyo SCP-3200 on sprints network. Im curious if it had to do with the way the contacts were transferred or if it is just a serious malfunction with the update.

Havok

Reaction score
They may not be erased. Go into Contacts -> Display Options -> Google -> and make sure "All Other Contacts" is checked. Or for that matter, everything is checked.

Mine did the same thing and I thought all my google contacts were lost (ones I entered manually).

Then make sure and Sync them up to google or back them up to your SD card (export) in case something happens again.

Good luck!

droiduser507

Reaction score
You were right! That worked contacts are back Thanks Havoc!! Backed up to SD card aswell.