Just rooted now what?

Insult2Injury

Reaction score
So like many others i rooted, and couple of questions id appreciate being answered.

First off thank you to those responsible for making that simple on click root process.

I did make sure i knew how to unroot before i rooted incase, so when this new update comes out that is posted on home page of android central, will i loose root/be able to get it because of it? And same question for when 2.2 comes out, i know i will probably loose root, but will i get OTA(did do research pretty sure answer is yes just checking)

First thing i did was install titanium backup and ran a full backup of apps and system. now in the event i needed to restore phone to exactly how it was when i ran back up i just go into program and run the batch file for this correct? I never used it on my droid so yea.

Then i went through root manager and renamed the apk's to apk.old to get rid of certain crapware. wanted to delete it but read thread that said that could mess up update.

Then i installed drocap2 so i can take screen shots which is more than nice.

So last question....NOW WHAT?
Any other root only apps that are a must have or things i should now be taking advantage of? I read about the lag fix, but it says it takes a GB of memory and other than higher quadrant scores people were not noticing any other difference. So let me know what you did once you rooted/what you using your abilities to do now.

Other than that i just want to say that i love this phone!!! ANDROID FTW!
smile.gif
dancedroid

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
So like many others i rooted, and couple of questions id appreciate being answered.

First off thank you to those responsible for making that simple on click root process.

I did make sure i knew how to unroot before i rooted incase, so when this new update comes out that is posted on home page of android central, will i loose root/be able to get it because of it? And same question for when 2.2 comes out, i know i will probably loose root, but will i get OTA(did do research pretty sure answer is yes just checking)

(I'm basing my response on your post to the Samsung Fascinate thread even though you have the Droid1 listed in your profile - I hope that is correct)
My opinion from reading numerous posts on this forum, I would expect that when you do any updates, you'll need to re-root your phone. From everything I've seen, when using the 1 click root programs, your root is NOT guaranteed to stick when making any updates. (If there is any doubt, just peruse the active topics in the forums on any given day and see how many "i lost root" threads there are - almost all mention using those programs.)
Yes, you should still get the pop-up for the OTA - as long as you don't have the custom ROM installed on your phone.

First thing i did was install titanium backup and ran a full backup of apps and system. now in the event i needed to restore phone to exactly how it was when i ran back up i just go into program and run the batch file for this correct? I never used it on my droid so yea.

In theory, yes. There is an option to backup Titanium so that you can install it in recovery as well now. That way in theory you should be able to run the batch file as soon as the system comes back up without having to download from the market or install from your SD card. Off hand I couldn't tell you the steps, but I noticed it when running one of the backups the other day.

alonsou

Reaction score
Have you overclocked your phone yet? have about a custom rom? Theres many of them out there but I could personally recommend a few like CM6 and Ultimate Droid 8.0 (soon 9.0)