Just Rooted, Did I do it Right?

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I've been playing around with the idea to root my Droid for a long time now. Finally did it this morning. Rooted to Bugless Beast v1.0 2am this morning with the 800Mhz overclock kernel + led fix. Really loving the speed and customizations.

After installing the smoked glass theme, I decided I wanted to go back to the stock theme. Well, looks like you can't do that. So, did I do this right? -- I just put the BuglessBeast V1.0 -ESE81V1.zip back as update.zip and ran the install from recovery without wiping. Back to original theme with all my apps/settings - had to reinstall the LED fix and Overclock again.

Is that ok? Everything appears to be working just fine.

Questions: When/If 2.2 ever comes out, I just accept the update (because my rom will block it anyway) - right? Then just wait for Pete to come out with a 2.2 version?

Thanks for all the help.
-Paul

rolo_tamazi

Reaction score
yep I concur...

next time you might wanna just make a nandroid backup before you try out a theme. then restore the nandroid if you don't like what you get.

ashkev843

Reaction score
I've been playing around with the idea to root my Droid for a long time now. Finally did it this morning. Rooted to Bugless Beast v1.0 2am this morning with the 800Mhz overclock kernel + led fix. Really loving the speed and customizations.

After installing the smoked glass theme, I decided I wanted to go back to the stock theme. Well, looks like you can't do that. So, did I do this right? -- I just put the BuglessBeast V1.0 -ESE81V1.zip back as update.zip and ran the install from recovery without wiping. Back to original theme with all my apps/settings - had to reinstall the LED fix and Overclock again.

Is that ok? Everything appears to be working just fine.

Questions: When/If 2.2 ever comes out, I just accept the update (because my rom will block it anyway) - right? Then just wait for Pete to come out with a 2.2 version?
Thanks for all the help.
-Paul

Pretty sure that the rom has ota updates blocked. Besides Pete will probably have the 2.2 update out before verizon releases it anyways.:)