Just installed GB...now the sync icon is in the notif. bar and won't go away?

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Just curious why and perhaps a way to get rid of it? :)
Did you wipe Data? This problem seems to be cropping up with people who didn't wipe before install.

Settings ---> Privacy ---> Factory Data Reset

I'd wait and make sure all of your apps are done sync'ing though

qman66

Reaction score
This was happening on apex for a while. I figured out how to stop it by freezing contacts sync in titanium

OP
Delirious17

Delirious17

Reaction score
Just curious why and perhaps a way to get rid of it? :)
Did you wipe Data? This problem seems to be cropping up with people who didn't wipe before install.

Settings ---> Privacy ---> Factory Data Reset

I'd wait and make sure all of your apps are done sync'ing though

I hate having to wipe since it's such a pain to me to reset everything the way I want it to be...but if that'll do it then oh well...that's the way of the Droid!

Thanks all!:icon_ banana:

kelms

Reaction score
how can you freeze anything in titanuim without root?

You can't because it wont let it start.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

I can hit the menu button and go into preferences but I can't find where to freeze contact sync. Where is that in Titanium?

First, I have root. I found this problem googling my problem. I did not install GB.

Used Z4 root
Titanium > Backup/Restore > Scroll to "ContactsSync" > long press on it > Choose Freeze

Reaction score
You can't because it wont let it start.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

I can hit the menu button and go into preferences but I can't find where to freeze contact sync. Where is that in Titanium?

First, I have root. I found this problem googling my problem. I did not install GB.

Used Z4 root
Titanium > Backup/Restore > Scroll to "ContactsSync" > long press on it > Choose Freeze

Well, my friend, it seems as though you may be in the wrong thread since this problem relates to the Gingerbread download. But at least you found a solution for Froyo. :)

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a way to stop the sync other than doing a factory reset? Also, has anyone had the sync notifier up there and actually reset and had it go away?

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
If you go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All do you see Sync Service? Maybe try Clear Data? I'm not on an X right now, but thats what shows on my TB.