Just got this phone, extremely frustrated

ChronBong

Reaction score
its my first smartphone and im already pissed off, i added the contacts, took me an hour then i wanted to download themes/wallpaper/apps to do that i had to create an account which i did, then i searched. and nothing made no sense. then i check my contacts, all gone!!!!!!!!! im so pissed and i deleted my contacts from my old phone to give it away.

i needed a root from what ppl say just what the hell is a root? im not downloading that 2.2 froyo because im afraid it will brick my comp/phone because im not good with comps AT ALL. no confidence AT ALL. i just use it for internet browsing. so im not gonna bother.

so basically this phone is the same as motorola droid right? its just milestone for canada with all the same codings and stuff correct?

what im trying to do is download this type of theme. clock + weather and the icon positioning.

HTC_Droid_Incredible-304x500.jpg

i know this is htc incredible but im told u can convert any themes from any phone to the milestone droid. so can somebody tell me how to get this theme? and I REALLY hate the telus wallpaper theme. its ****.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
The clock is called "beautiful widgets" its a paid app on the market. You can position your icons however you wish - however the dock/phone buttons you see at the bottom of the screen is the HTC sense ui, you wont be able to get that on the Milestone I don't think.

You don't need to root your phone to get the clock etc.

Not sure what to tell you about the contacts problem.

OP
C

ChronBong

Reaction score
where do i find this beautiful widgets specifically?

Womp

Reaction score
Handle your contacts through your GMail (If that is your main email) via a PC and it will all be synced to your phone.

It took me zero point zero time to add contacts because everyone I already had in my GMail contacts list was instantly added once I activated and logged into my Droid.

:)

Beautiful Widgets is for sale on the Marketplace.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Open the market app, hit the search glass and type beautiful widgets. IIRC it is $2.

OP
C

ChronBong

Reaction score
cant buy anything lol......:( how do i get rid of this damn telus wallpaper...or improve my phone in any way i have no clue and as for the gmail i dont even use gmail and i havent even put ANY of my contacts in so im ****ed.

Droidfish

Reaction score
You can find beautiful widgets in the android market. Its a paid app but its worth it. As far as your frustration it sounds like you may want to do a little more research on the device you chose and what all its capable of

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JP 5.56

Reaction score
cant buy anything lol......:( how do i get rid of this damn telus wallpaper...or improve my phone in any way i have no clue and as for the gmail i dont even use gmail and i havent even put ANY of my contacts in so im ****ed.
If you log into the gmail account that was created for your phone you can just add all your contacts to it. It'll sync automatically with your phone.

To change your wallpaper you just press and hold on a blank area of the screen until a menu comes up, choose wallpaper and go from there.

Or you can hit the menu button on the phone itself and there should be a wallpaper link.

Thousands of free apps are available on the market that do various things for customization and such, you can browse through them using the market app on the phone

OP
C

ChronBong

Reaction score
how do i remove the icons ? they are taking up room.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Press and hold them until they turn red and drag it to the trash can that pops up. They will always be available in the app drawer.

OP
C

ChronBong

Reaction score
Press and hold them until they turn red and drag it to the trash can that pops up. They will always be available in the app drawer.
thank you very much, is there any way to download the beautiful widgets for free? i mean damn the default widget is so damn UGLY!

OP
C

ChronBong

Reaction score
haha oh wow, they saved my contact's phone numbers, all i have to do is put the name down and it automatically gives the number of that said contact...LOL.!

i wonder when is 2.2 froyo the official verison is coming out?

OP
C

ChronBong

Reaction score
i just downloaded a free weather widget, how do i make it show on screen?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Long press on the screen where you want to put it. In the menu that pops up pick widgets, then pick the one you want.

Sent from my Droid

OP
C

ChronBong

Reaction score
Long press on the screen where you want to put it. In the menu that pops up pick widgets, then pick the one you want.

Sent from my Droid

doesnt work it has this widget icon right next to it when im looking at applications. i downloaded 2 of them. Glass toogle and Toggle Skin Default. those are the weather i downloaded unless i did them wrong?