Just got the Motorola Car Dock....

Pinja

Reaction score
And I'm wondering what apps/modes can be used to accompany my Droid when it's in the docking mode. I already D/L'ed the Car Dock Speakerphone app but I was just wondering if there was anything else everyone with a car dock does to make it better. I'm browsing the forum for car related topics but I just want to see how eveyone has theirs setup. Thanks!

griz8791

Reaction score
I don't like that "Car Home" thing that gets between me and my home screens when the phone is in the car dock. The apps I want aren't on that menu so I wind up having to do the extra step of pushing the little "home" button to the lower right of the big curving menu with the Car Home big buttons on it.

Dock Blocker gave me control over this and let me get rid of the Car Home screen.

rjax

Reaction score
Dock Nothingness if you want nothing to happen when you put your Droid in the car dock (although it will still know it's in the dock for the purposes of Car Dock Speakerphone)

Car Dock v2 is also useful -- gives you 5 homescreens with 6 large shortcuts per screen.

crspang

Reaction score
There is a thread about modifying the car dock to allow you take video clips while docked. I believe the thread was started by 640K. Search the forum for "modifying car dock".

c_mack9

Reaction score
i dock mine, plug the headphone jack into the front of my cd player and stream pandora while i drive. beats xm and every local station known to man! the dock is schweet for the turn by turn navi too. i love my car dock, and the media dock. they are both fantastic investments.

tu3218

Reaction score
If I install car dock v2, can I uninstall it an go back to regular car dock mode? I think I remember reading some time back that once people installed car dock v2, they couldn't go back to the regular one. Can someone clarify this.