Just got my Moto Droid!

tadowguy

Reaction score
After a brief affair with a Backflip/ATT I got a Moto Droid and went with Verizon. (It was obvious that AT&T either didn't get what Android was about or just wanted to give it the middle finger). Anyway, I'm really enjoying my very first smart phone. Going from a Sprint-Sanyo Katana II to a Moto Droid is quite an upgrade.

lockman

Reaction score
No doubt. You made the right choice. The beauty of the Droid is the near infinite customization. Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask any questions you may have.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome, tadowguy! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! The possibilities are endless for customization. So read, read, and read some more. You'll be amazed at how much you can teach yourself by reading the threads here in the forum! Here's a good one about app recommendations.

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps

Hope you enjoy your time here!

:welcome:

OP
T

tadowguy

Reaction score
Okay random question. The Backflip, despite the issues it had, did have 5 desktops, the Droid has 3. Is this modifiable? I know I can install a 3rd party desktop replacement, but I've seen mixed reviews.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Okay random question. The Backflip, despite the issues it had, did have 5 desktops, the Droid has 3. Is this modifiable? I know I can install a 3rd party desktop replacement, but I've seen mixed reviews.

Right now the third party apps are about the only way to go (I assume you're not rooted). We had heard that the 2.1 OTA would give us more home screens, but that turned out to be just a rumor. Remember even if you have to pay for something in the Market, it is policy that you can return it for a full refund within 24 hours. (However, if you buy it a second time and try to return it, that isn't allowed.) So check some apps out and let us know what you find out.