just got my Droid this morning. (my first smartphone)

jasonb

Reaction score
just got my first smartphone today. of course, it's the Motorola Droid. so far i like it a lot. it does soooooo much.

i do have one question. i linked my Droid to my AIM email account and sometimes it will notify me that i have an email even though i really don't. whats that about?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
just got my first smartphone today. of course, it's the Motorola Droid. so far i like it a lot. it does soooooo much.

i do have one question. i linked my Droid to my AIM email account and sometimes it will notify me that i have an email even though i really don't. whats that about?

the last time it checked, there was an unread email, but you probably read it, and the device didn't refresh again to pick up the change. it's not push, so your email client will only update at a certain time interval...

oh, and welcome to the forum. feel free to check out the FAQs and the search tool :) any other questions, don't hesitate to post them in any of these subforums. :D

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
ahhh, ok. thanks.

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
this thing is great. like i said earlier, this is my first smartphone, but it is awesome!