Just got DNA today, some questions and issues

iamloco724

Reaction score
So I got my dna today

Im just at the point of almost having it setup like I like but I have some questions/issues

I wanted to try the stock email but when I put in my aol email (yes I know who uses aol still) it tells me login details are wrong something to that affect when they aren’t

Is there any settings in the camera I should set to get the best pics I can overall

I have it on wifi and at one point today I had no connection even on wifi and had to switch wifi off then back on to get it back don’t know if this was a fluke or if this is something I will experience again anyone else have this?

I use to use an app called folder organizer is there any other newer apps that are recommended to make folders..it seems the sense folders wont let me put other things besides apps in them I like putting bookmarks etc..

Since the stock email wasn’t working I went back to what ive been using for years now and that’s k-9 email but for some reason im not getting it pushed as fast as I should I have my old phone set on wifi right next to it and im getting email right away on that and on the dna an extreme delay or I have to manually hit check mail

Also I noticed with the notification light it goes off after a bit..i googled this and it seems this might be a sense thing that they have done in the past like a 5 min rule? So im guess this is on this phone too?...anyway at all around this? If not extending the time or turning it off then some sort of thing that can be set as a reminder so if its stops after 5 min then eventfully it starts up again then goes off then starts again….

and any battery saving tips i havnt really gone through the settings yet or other settings that are suggested to change?

BOOM_I_D0_Dat

Reaction score
HTC Droid DNA

So I got my dna today

Im just at the point of almost having it setup like I like but I have some questions/issues

I wanted to try the stock email but when I put in my aol email (yes I know who uses aol still) it tells me login details are wrong something to that affect when they aren’t

Is there any settings in the camera I should set to get the best pics I can overall

I have it on wifi and at one point today I had no connection even on wifi and had to switch wifi off then back on to get it back don’t know if this was a fluke or if this is something I will experience again anyone else have this?

I use to use an app called folder organizer is there any other newer apps that are recommended to make folders..it seems the sense folders wont let me put other things besides apps in them I like putting bookmarks etc..

Since the stock email wasn’t working I went back to what ive been using for years now and that’s k-9 email but for some reason im not getting it pushed as fast as I should I have my old phone set on wifi right next to it and im getting email right away on that and on the dna an extreme delay or I have to manually hit check mail

Also I noticed with the notification light it goes off after a bit..i googled this and it seems this might be a sense thing that they have done in the past like a 5 min rule? So im guess this is on this phone too?...anyway at all around this? If not extending the time or turning it off then some sort of thing that can be set as a reminder so if its stops after 5 min then eventfully it starts up again then goes off then starts again….

and any battery saving tips i havnt really gone through the settings yet or other settings that are suggested to change?

I too noticed issues setting up my email my email using the stock app but below it was related to being on WIFI, not the app itself. I was not able to set up the POP and SMTP servers when on WIFI. When I turned it off and tried to set up while on the network, I was able to manually configure the accounts for Optonline.net and Hotmail email with no issues. I believe it was because of the firewall or other security settings set up on WIFI at work. Also, I didn't like the stock email app and downloaded Aquamail instead and thus far have really enjoyed it. You can can sort by unread emails (which I didn't see in the stock app but my old HTC Thunderbolt did have) and have more control over other features like changing colors associated with different email accounts. You can only configure 2 accoutns with the free version but if you need more you can always purchase the app.

You can turn the screen brightness down to conserve battery power or use the auto-adjust feature as well. Setting your email to only check ever hour, 4 hours, etc will also conserve battery. LOVE the phone so far!!! It's a beast ... enjoy :)

OP
I

iamloco724

Reaction score
so my wifi issue is legit and seems other people are having it too

it seems when its asleep for a bit i awake it and then disconnects flashes to 4g connected back to my network but i have no activity at that moment then i have turn wifi off and on to get it back

i know its not my network no other problems with over 5 other devices and never had a problem with any phone for years

Psykho

Reaction score
Thats too bad for anyone having issues. I've had my Dna since day one and thankfully haven't come across anything I would call an issue. Wifi switches on and off faster than any previous devices and everything else is better also. I couldn't be happier. Definitely going to keep me content till my next upgrade as long as it stays like this.

OP
I

iamloco724

Reaction score
the wifi problem hasnt happened since i forgot all wifi and started from scratch with network connections

but have some other questions now

i was using Gsam to monitor battery usage and i notice big difference between there app usage list and the built in one look here

is this normal or is something wrong with either gsam or android, which should i trust or am i reading this wrong

another question is it better for battery life to use auto brightness or if i kept it at this level all the time?

speaking of battery life trying to figure out if my battery is doing good overall when i wake up i sit and check facebook,open 2 or 3 other apps go to a few sites and do some messaging within 35 min sometimes a min or 2 goes with the screen off in that time frame and i go down about 8-10 percent battery does this sound about right?