Just figured out a "hidden" Dxtop Feature

gwlaw99

Reaction score
Sorry if this is already well know.

If you hold down the app drawer icon on the home page for a second until it turns color and swipe from left to right, a small app dock appears on the bottom of the screen. You can drag and drop 5 shortcuts and it will show up on every home screen. To get back to the app drawer just swipe again. Cleared up a decent amount of space for me.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
just swipe right or left on the app tray drawer handle and it appears.

blowdryl

Reaction score
Is this on a moto droid? I can't seem to get it to work either, possibly some setting I'm missing?
thanks

heem

Reaction score
doesnt work for me either. maybe its an app you installed supplying this functionality?

OP
G

gwlaw99

Reaction score
doesnt work for me either. maybe its an app you installed supplying this functionality?

Just make sure to hold the app drawer icon down for a second so it changes color before swiping. Mine turns orange. The tray is for quarter size icons so it is small.

mivok

Reaction score
For those saying nope: make sure you're trying this with dxtop and not the stock android home app. It is a documented feature of dxtop and is quite nice if you have it installed. Personally I couldn't get used to the way you changed desktop swiping and ended up uninstalling, but other than that, it's a nice home alternative.

Trever1t

Reaction score
For those saying nope: make sure you're trying this with dxtop and not the stock android home app. It is a documented feature of dxtop and is quite nice if you have it installed. Personally I couldn't get used to the way you changed desktop swiping and ended up uninstalling, but other than that, it's a nice home alternative.

See THAT would have been helpful in the FIRST post :icon_evil:

heem

Reaction score
Oh. I has assume dxtop was just your abbreviation for desktop.

MrMan

Reaction score
still a good post and yes, you can add up to five, it's definitely a space saver, and time saver since my top five apps (phone and text being two of my top) are on every screen