Just bougbt my DROID tonight

roseladypdx

Reaction score
After weeks of waiting and planning, I finally bought my droid. I'm a bit overwhelmed, but at least I figured out how to put the case on and I can navigate a bit. There's going to be a huge learning curve. Can't say that I'm having buyer's remorse though. I love the big screen, the keyboard and the fact that it's icon driven.

I may need to go to DROID school, though.:)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
After weeks of waiting and planning, I finally bought my droid. I'm a bit overwhelmed, but at least I figured out how to put the case on and I can navigate a bit. There's going to be a huge learning curve. Can't say that I'm having buyer's remorse though. I love the big screen, the keyboard and the fact that it's icon driven.

PSSST, roseladypdx! Over here! I'm glad you finally got him, so what's his name? :D Just follow the links in my signature and you’ll get some really good advice that may take the edge off that learning curve. If you get stuck, just post a question - someone will be along to help you out! So happy for you and your new little bundle of joy!

hookerdj

Reaction score

best thing you could have done now read up on rooting and custom romming and welcome to the family

Last edited:

hookerdj

Reaction score

the most important thing is go to the market and download juice defender and try that for a while after you learn how to use it better buy ultimate juice it will save you over twice you battery. trust me without it you might not even get 1 day out of your fone wit h juice defender you will get a full day maybe two out of it. that is with alot of use now calls and internet

dogthehunter

Reaction score
Welcome

Welcome to the site, I haven't been on here that long myself but I have learned much. Your gonna love your phone, it is really is user friendly. Just search through the forums and you will find many things that will help to ease the learning curve. I just learned something in this thread that I didn't even know about. Juice defender, just downloaded it and from reading the writeups for it, sounds like a good deal. Always need more battery life. Dog:icon_ banana:

OP
R

roseladypdx

Reaction score
Thanks all! The young lady at the Verizon store had me download Task Killer right away. I've also downloaded Pandora and linked to Facebook. I need to get my comcast email to talk to google. I'll get it figured out sooner or later. In the meantime, I'll just take it one step at a time!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome Rose...

Great to have you here.

I recommend you be very careful when using Task Killers...I personally do not recommend them because of performance issues.

At any rate, welcome aboard and enjoy the forums.

OP
R

roseladypdx

Reaction score
I named her "Miss Piggy"

PSSST, roseladypdx! Over here! I'm glad you finally got him, so what's his name? :D Just follow the links in my signature and you’ll get some really good advice that may take the edge off that learning curve. If you get stuck, just post a question - someone will be along to help you out! So happy for you and your new little bundle of joy!

I named her Miss Piggy, 'cause I bought the pink "gel" case for her. After all, I do have the theme from the Muppet show as my ringback!

OP
R

roseladypdx

Reaction score
I was born well before 1980

best thing you could have done now read up on rooting and custom romming and welcome to the family

Thanks, but I have no idea what rooting and romming are...rooting sounds like gardening, which I don't do and romming sounds like something from Star Trek. Could you start with some basic definitions, please?

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It may be the best purchase I have ever made