Just a small win - but a win

ldimick

Reaction score
Today I took my father in law to the doctor. It was the first visit to see the doctor since he left the hospital 2 weeks ago. So the first item of business was to review his medications.

The nurse came across one medication that she did not recognize. So she circled the medicine and asked the doctor to review it. He did not recognize it and their computer did not reveal it's content.

So I whipped out my Droid, fired up the browser and googled it. In less than 10 seconds I handed the phone to the doctor and showed him what the medicine was. He was very interested in the Droid and was impressed with the network speed.

Minor win.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Today I took my father in law to the doctor. It was the first visit to see the doctor since he left the hospital 2 weeks ago. So the first item of business was to review his medications.

The nurse came across one medication that she did not recognize. So she circled the medicine and asked the doctor to review it. He did not recognize it and their computer did not reveal it's content.

So I whipped out my Droid, fired up the browser and googled it. In less than 10 seconds I handed the phone to the doctor and showed him what the medicine was. He was very interested in the Droid and was impressed with the network speed.

Minor win.
Hope your dad is OK. Nice story. :)

Champers

Reaction score

Minor win.

On a side note, that doctor failed hard.

HarshReality

Reaction score
There is an idea for an app.. PDR.. scan the medication (if it has a barcode) or manually enter the name and *poof* Warnings, interactions blah blah blah

*If anybody codes this I'd appreciate a beer or 12 please.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nice save. :clap: Wishing your father in law the best...

OP
L

ldimick

Reaction score
There is an idea for an app.. PDR.. scan the medication (if it has a barcode) or manually enter the name and *poof* Warnings, interactions blah blah blah

*If anybody codes this I'd appreciate a beer or 12 please.

Free medical PDA software: Epocrates Rx for Android

Thanks everyone. He is 76 (77 next month) and he is too weak to walk right now. We are trying to build him back up so it is a real challenge.

Epocraters doesn't work with Cyanomod. And it turns out that the 'medicine' was a form of Acidopholis.

Reaction score
Epocrates is an app that tells you all the Med info. I use this app daily at work. It also has a pill id part.

Big Cam

Reaction score

Minor win.
Good work, the whole time I was reading, I was expecting you to have used epocraties. My brother in law is a Doctor and uses this program all the time, unfortunetaly on a BB.

R

Romple

All the doctors and nurses where I go have some form of PDA with a medical dictionary in it. I called an epic win when a doc cross referenced three different drugs before prescribing me one on whatever he was using.

Get with the times people!!!!!!!