Juice Defender

xrstoy1

Reaction score
According to what I saw when I purchased Ultamite Juice it doesn't work on a DSroid with 2.1, or rooted 2.1 system so I uninstalled it. I allways just have. x1.0 to me thats normal no advantage I am still running Free Juice. So Does anyone know for sure if it works or not.

xrstoy1

Reaction score
Maybe the Apn widget helps

:icon_ banana: I have a CDMA Droid with the stock 2.1 update. I've had JuiceDefender installed even at 2.01. My widget was always at 1.0
I didn't know what it should show nut to me 1.0 was no gain. I purchased UltamiteJuice then saw it doesn't work on the 2.1
update so I returned it. I've had the usaual settings on JD 1 min evey 15 so on, still always 1.0. If i left my phone off the charger
overnight i would drop 30% of my battery everytime. So yesterday I was playing around and I brought up the apn widget. I'm not sure
if it came with the free JD or UJ. But I installed the Apn widget in the afternoon and turned off apn. Well no it really didn't turn off Apn but
I noticed that I did seem to get much better life it took a couple hours to drop 10%. Before just a half hour drive into work and a little email shecking it would drop 10%. And amazilngly the JD wideget went to 1.03 as the afternoon progressed it went up to maybey the highest 1.06. So last night
fully charghes I left it off the charger that was 10:30 pm. I woke this morning 5:00 am still at 90% Wow I thought. I have done my normal
email stuff and even a little playing with juice plotter it'd now 6:30 am and I'm still at 90% and the widget is at 1.52%. Now for the plotter yseterday afternoon
Juice pLotter was showing the the radio was Wi-fi so I figured the widget turned off Apn. But looking at last night plotter it show apn on always.
But something good has happened. Maybe 2.1 needs the widget to help it work just thought you might be interested in this info. The only other thing I did
was 2 days ago I installed Appolo Task killer and had task shut ooff after 1 min but even with that the first night I went from 50% power to 20 , and 15 as soon as I accesd my email. Task killer the first night killed plotter so I could look at that night but it is now ignored. Bottom line the widget seemed to change something for the better.

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score
Has anybody with a CDMA Verizon Droid seen this improve their life? The droid, for the time being, cannot have its APN turned off except through dialing the programming phone #.

RIght now it does not work with cdma droid, it used to with 2.01. I am thinkign of flashing back to droidmod to use juice defender cause thats 2.01 still

SpykeZ

Reaction score
Im startin to think it broke in the last update, not only can I notget my mms messages when I had juicedefender installed but my battery life wasn't as good, at this point in the day I usually have about 20 or less percent left on th battery, ive used it more today than normal and im sittin on 40 percent left

Taegost

Reaction score
It's given me quite a bit more battery life, I don't know the exact figures, but the widget says x1.88, and I get about 16-17 hours out of a charge on a Moto Droid with moderate usage and eBuddy running all day.
When I was using Meebo, it would suck the battery down and I'd be lucky to get 9-10 hours out of it... It wouldn't even make it through a day of work without dying!

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's given me quite a bit more battery life, I don't know the exact figures, but the widget says x1.88, and I get about 16-17 hours out of a charge on a Moto Droid with moderate usage and eBuddy running all day.
When I was using Meebo, it would suck the battery down and I'd be lucky to get 9-10 hours out of it... It wouldn't even make it through a day of work without dying!

I am under the impression that it doesn't work with CDMA phone with Android 2.1. What are you running?

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score

I am under the impression that it doesn't work with CDMA phone with Android 2.1. What are you running?

you are right it does not work on cdma under verizon currently and the developer is aware of this and working on it.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

you are right it does not work on cdma under verizon currently and the developer is aware of this and working on it.

Thanks for posting that...

I do find it funny that people provide numbers from the program's widget to prove that it works...that just seems odd to me, like letting my son keep his own grades to prove he's doing well in school... ;)

I don't mean to be cynical, but I'd like to have 3rd party confirmation.

junpar

Reaction score
The experimental builds on his website now work on my droid 2.2. I was really interested in this app a couple months ago, but I tried it (It really works, the 3g symbol goes away when i check my phone when it's locked), and it doesn't seem all that necessary to me now.