Joined because I need some help

dfshank

Reaction score
Looking to add customized ringtones to my D4 and am having a problem. I sent one via SMS text message, I can play it but can't figure out how to save it to a ringtone. i also tried adding it to my Micro-SD card and although it shows when I plug the D4 into my laptop via USB I can't figure out how to get the phone to read what is on the card.

Please keep in mind that I am kind of an old schooler and this is the first phone of this type that I have ever owned.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,
DFS

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Should be able to make a folder called "ringtones" & place them there. Or make a "Media" folder with a ringtones folder inside. Once you place the ringtone in the folder, you may have to restart your phone for it to read it. There's also Zedge in the Play Store.

OP
D

dfshank

Reaction score
Should be able to make a folder called "ringtones" & place them there. Or make a "Media" folder with a ringtones folder inside. Once you place the ringtone in the folder, you may have to restart your phone for it to read it. There's also Zedge in the Play Store.

Thanks, I'll try that again. Couldn't get the D4 to read my card before although I didn't reboot the phone. I'll let you know.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Use ringdroid to make your own or zedge has quite a few.

OP
D

dfshank

Reaction score
Worked like a charm! Added a Media folder then a sub-folder "ringtones", added my file, rebooted the phone and there it was....

Any idea how to convert an SMS message that is a ringtone over to the ringtone folder? I have ringtone media studio that will send me an SMS but all I can do is play the ringtone but do not see any option to save it anywhere.

Thanks again, DFS

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome!

Glad you got your issue resolved! ;)

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've never been able to save text message files so I'm not sure about the ringtone.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! :biggrin: