Joined because I lost all my text messages

LemonZest

Reaction score
So, I have to decided to join this site. I originally came on to see if anyone else, besides me, has mysteriously lost their text messages?
I don't know why they're gone or where they went but they're gone and I miss them. It's a mystery! I didn't delete them. I turned of my phone last night around 1am and today when I tapped on my "Messaging", all that was there was the "Compose message" option.
All my conversations are gone. Everything is lost. The pictures I sent and received are gone and I'm really angry! I decided not to save them on to my phone which I see now was a bad idea. D:

Anyway... hi. xD

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It Happens to some, Never to others.....It's a weird problem that's has not been nailed down.

There are some apps to backup text messages.

OP
L

LemonZest

Reaction score
It Happens to some, Never to others.....It's a weird problem that's has not been nailed down.

Well, I'm quite upset. I haven't had any problems or bugs with my phone since I got in December. Why me?! x_x

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Look in the Market for "save sms" and you should find some options.

I just don't get the fascination people have with saving texts.... but just me.

Anyway.... good luck!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well, I'm quite upset. I haven't had any problems or bugs with my phone since I got in December. Why me?! x_x

Pure luck. I've never had it happen to me but I don't keep text messages. How many did you lose?

OP
L

LemonZest

Reaction score

Pure luck. I've never had it happen to me but I don't keep text messages. How many did you lose?
Well, I lost roughly 300 I suppose. But more than that, it was the pictures that were deleted. I don't really care so much about the texts as much as the pictures. For instance, the funny ones my friends send me.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's why I save any pictures. They go onto the SD card anyway so space shouldn't be an issue :)

OP
L

LemonZest

Reaction score
That's why I save any pictures. They go onto the SD card anyway so space shouldn't be an issue :)
If I thought they would all be mysteriously deleted, I would have. I just foolishly thought they wouldn't, I guess. Haha. >_o

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If I thought they would all be mysteriously deleted, I would have. I just foolishly thought they wouldn't, I guess. Haha. >_o
Wasn't pointing a finger...
I totally agree with you. I wouldn't expect it either. I just happen to save all of them as soon as I get them :)

OP
L

LemonZest

Reaction score
I totally agree with you. I wouldn't expect it either. I just happen to save all of them as soon as I get them :)
If you can keep a secret, I'll tell you... some pictures I didn't want to save because then I would feel like a pervert. Hahaha. >_>

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you can keep a secret, I'll tell you... some pictures I didn't want to save because then I would feel like a pervert. Hahaha. >_>
I'll do ya one better...

create a file named ".nomedia" in a folder and the images in that folder WILL NOT show up in your gallery.

the file name has to have the '.' (period) in front. I made mine on my PC and dragged and dropped it to a folder. I use it for some icons I keep on my SD card that I don't want showing up in the gallery, but it can be used to hide any images :)

OP
L

LemonZest

Reaction score
I'll do ya one better...

create a file named ".nomedia" in a folder and the images in that folder WILL NOT show up in your gallery.

the file name has to have the '.' (period) in front. I made mine on my PC and dragged and dropped it to a folder. I use it for some icons I keep on my SD card that I don't want showing up in the gallery, but it can be used to hide any images :)
Well, thank you. I might just do that. ;D

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
I'll do ya one better...

wow really?? thats awesome. i never knew that. thanks!