JIT Update.zip

raife

Reaction score
Long time lurker first real post. I would like to thank p3droid over at my droid world for posting this up. I believe this is the same file chevyno1 posted to use with the adb commands. This is an update.zip file that will enable Jit on any droid...this has been tested on the ESE53 build only.

To use simply download to the root of your sdcard.
rename to update.zip
reboot into recovery
install the update.zip

I suggest using sprecovery for this(copied from p3droid's post on mydroidworld.com)

Use this at your own risk I am not responsible for bricking your device. and remember to make a nandroid backup before you try this.

I am running droidmod and everything seems to be working fine on my phone so far. Good luck and enjoy.

Attachments

• Jit-enabled-updat.zip
    557.6 KB · Views: 823

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
just installed this on SS 2.0.2 and wow....at 1gHz it's screaming now. benching around 140 previously never got below 160 even at 1.2gHz

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
long time lurker first real post. I would like to thank p3droid over at my droid world for posting this up. I believe this is the same file chevyno1 posted to use with the adb commands. This is an update.zip file that will enable jit on any droid...this has been tested on the ese53 build only.

To use simply download to the root of your sdcard.
Rename to update.zip
reboot into recovery
install the update.zip

i suggest using sprecovery for this(copied from p3droid's post on mydroidworld.com)

use this at your own risk i am not responsible for bricking your device. And remember to make a nandroid backup before you try this.

I am running droidmod and everything seems to be working fine on my phone so far. Good luck and enjoy.

will this work on my ere24 2.1 rom?

xfireguru

Reaction score
how stable has this been for people?
In my experience, not very. Not faulting the package, but I keep getting stuck in random boot loops after installation.

What's the best way to get rid of it? Reinstall bugless beast?

EDIT:

Several battery pulls later it seems to be stable...For now.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To delete JIT, delete the very last line in your build.prop.

altaf.wahid

Reaction score
Thanks for this.

Question: I'm running Pete's ROM and I was wondering if I need to run this after each update? Also, once I execute this JIT update, will it automatically be enabled?

xfireguru

Reaction score
So... what is JIT?
It refers to Just-In-Time compilation. JIT will compile portions of bytecode as it is needed to enhance application performace.

You may notice that applications take a fraction of a second longer to execute, but should run snappier.

CatsTide

Reaction score
so what's the general opinion on this? should we install it? does it make a noticeable difference?

CatsTide

Reaction score
just my 2 cents...it caused a bunch of FC for me so i reverted to my backup